Sequester cuts university research

Mar 16, 2013 Full story: washingtonpost.com 31

The federal government, long a key sponsor of scientific research in universities, is scaling back support for academic laboratories from coast to coast to satisfy the new mandate to cut spending across the board.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Owasso, OK

#22 Mar 21, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to assume that you can't refute that the Wars, and Bush Spending and new Entitlements for Corporations and the Wealthy aren't responsible for driving America's debt. You believe that the Oil Lobbyist and the Pharmacy Lobbyist who wrote legislation and guidelines for proposal the Republicans adopted weren't part of the fiscal problems in America, despite implementing those programs with no set asides?
We have had wars, tax cuts and entitlements to corporations since forever. The bills that Bush added that were non republican like were the Medication Bill and the continuation of Iraq that Clinton started. Bush ended up a progressive, but so far in four years, Obama has outspent Bush in four.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#24 Mar 21, 2013
That's not "in all fairness", that's proof positive you don't know what sequester means.

There is no picking and choosing or prioritizing with sequester, it's undiscriminating cuts across every agency for the same percent.

What is more fair than straight line cuts to every agency?
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>In all fairness, Obama was offered the chance to pick and choose which and where the 85 billion in cuts would be based on his priorities. He refused the offer. When the ball is in his court, he always passes and never takes the shot, because then he is accountable for the results.
Anonymous

Owasso, OK

#26 Mar 22, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
That's not "in all fairness", that's proof positive you don't know what sequester means.
There is no picking and choosing or prioritizing with sequester, it's undiscriminating cuts across every agency for the same percent.
What is more fair than straight line cuts to every agency?
<quoted text>
I think that's fine, I think there is much more to cut and to eliminate more of government from our lives. I don't want or need a nanny.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#27 Mar 22, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>I think that's fine, I think there is much more to cut and to eliminate more of government from our lives. I don't want or need a nanny.
Foolish child!
Anonymous

Owasso, OK

#28 Mar 23, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish child!
Coming from a once great power that turned into a nanny state which is closing its pubs, breweries and giving up your heritage for what, billions spent on the same people that put your in this position.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#29 Mar 23, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from a once great power that turned into a nanny state which is closing its pubs, breweries and giving up your heritage for what, billions spent on the same people that put your in this position.
Obama is turning you into a nanny state, with his gun laws especially! And his universal healthcare, foolish child!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#30 Mar 23, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>We have had wars, tax cuts and entitlements to corporations since forever. The bills that Bush added that were non republican like were the Medication Bill and the continuation of Iraq that Clinton started. Bush ended up a progressive, but so far in four years, Obama has outspent Bush in four.
No, they were passed and approved by the Republican Majority based on the Republican and George Bush priority for America..... that very much makes them Repubulican in nature and at their core. The Medicare prescription bill was prepared by the Pharmacy Lobbyist, who donated Millions to help Republicans win those majorities thus the Republicans showed their appreciation to the Pharmacy Industry in giving them a handsome gift that ensured continued profits and negated any ability of the Government to negotiate pricing again.

Clinton never started a conflict with Iraq, The initial Gulf War was in 1991, that was started by George H. W. Bush, Bush's Pappy.

How you have found a way to implement Clinton in the debacle of Iraq is simply amazing or a flat out lie to fit your narrative.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#31 Mar 23, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>I think that's fine, I think there is much more to cut and to eliminate more of government from our lives. I don't want or need a nanny.
That's ridiculous, Government Protections are very much needed to ensure a continued Free and Open society, with out Government protections America would as many other countries without a solid infrastructure regress into territories where bands of lawless individuals reigned control.

Chances are that without Government in America large segments of our population would be turn back to being held in bondage again and denied access to basic human rights.

If you never have, maybe you should read the Declaration of Independence.

Government is created to protect God Granted Rights of Man. As have been done in America's history, Man will conspire to violate those indispensable principles that our nation was found upon.....
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#32 Mar 23, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous, Government Protections are very much needed to ensure a continued Free and Open society, with out Government protections America would as many other countries without a solid infrastructure regress into territories where bands of lawless individuals reigned control.
Chances are that without Government in America large segments of our population would be turn back to being held in bondage again and denied access to basic human rights.
If you never have, maybe you should read the Declaration of Independence.
Government is created to protect God Granted Rights of Man. As have been done in America's history, Man will conspire to violate those indispensable principles that our nation was found upon.....
Hush child!
MaltaMon

Oaklyn, NJ

#33 Mar 24, 2013
"Iraq that Clinton stared?" Hol dat thought doesn't appear to know much recent US history. As far as the deficit is concerned, I wonder if he knows what it was when Clinton left office and what it was just eight years later, when Bush left office.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#34 Mar 25, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
"Iraq that Clinton stared?" Hol dat thought doesn't appear to know much recent US history. As far as the deficit is concerned, I wonder if he knows what it was when Clinton left office and what it was just eight years later, when Bush left office.
Barrack wants it to be back to Clinton as for finances I can guess, the Bush era taxes were ideal.

But lol, he thinks clinton started the iraq war, pity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amity High School To Present Play About Survivo... 31 min humanSpirit 1
high school naked swimming (Feb '14) 4 hr Phil 90
Pittsfield schools superintendent aims to tackl... 5 hr Praxis33 7
Madonna condemns Kim K's Naked Butt while Teach... 6 hr Phil 1
Christmas Re-Branded 6 hr Phil 5
SAP C_HANASUP_1 exam brain dumps 19 hr Harryexam 1
ITCertTest HP HP0-J73 exam practice questions a... 19 hr Harryexam 1

Education People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE