Why we are all going back to school

Why we are all going back to school

Posted in the Education Forum

JayneZC

Poole, UK

#1 Mar 21, 2014
Found this great blog from Marc Winn called www.theviewinside.me with a different take on education

I look at my almost 3 year old son and I see that he is already where he needs to be.

For him, everything is fantastic! He lives in the moment, has no problem being himself, doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and he will try anything. The bottom line is – he loves life. Forget about me teaching him – he is currently teaching me! From him, I am learning how to be.

So I ask the question: what is it we do to our children that takes them away from that place we long to reach? How has the combined wisdom of the entire human race only managed to destroy, rather than build upon, such a great start?

I often talk about shifting my life towards travelling more with my family. The first question I often get is ‘Sure, but what about when your son goes to school?’

I just don’t believe he will be missing much. I have a big problem with how education works today. I just don’t think it is delivering anywhere near what it is capable of. I have spent years studying and exploring the limits of human potential. To my mind, even the best schools on the planet focus on delivering the wrong things in the wrong way. That is why I travel the world, visiting innovative educational institutions and meeting educational thought leaders.

We still have an education system that was designed in the Victorian era, based on the need to produce factory workers for the Industrial Revolution, rather than the needs of today and tomorrow. It may work for some people, but it does not work for everyone. It won’t work for the future.

i cannot post the rest on here but read it at www.theviewinside.me - really interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
400-351 CCIE Wireless practice questions, 400-3... 2 hr addisonjhon 3
How to Pass WISECURE 300-375 Exam with New 300-... 2 hr addisonjhon 2
300-370 Exam Dumps Find Out Latest 300-370 WITS... 2 hr addisonjhon 2
Valid ARCH 300-320 Dumps and Solutions to Pass ... 2 hr addisonjhon 2
400-151 Examcollection VCE 3 hr addisonjhon 1
Examunion 400-051 Cisco CCIE exam dumps questions 3 hr addisonjhon 4
SIMOS 300-209 Dumps to Get Desired Results in 3... 3 hr alton007 2
More from around the web