Expelled Student Sues Classmate Over Accusations of Plagiarism

Nov 21, 2008 Full story: www.findingdulcinea.com 25

A student expelled from Central Connecticut State University for plagiarism claims he was wrongly accused, and that another student really copied his work.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jerry G

Long Island City, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2008
What a litigious society we've become. Is there anything we don't sue each other over anymore?
Darren

Long Island City, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2008
So it's not bad enough that this guy copied his classmate's paper, but now he's blaming her for it? I hope when he loses this ridiculous case he has to pay all of the defendant's legal fees.
Sal

Long Island City, NY

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Darren wrote:
So it's not bad enough that this guy copied his classmate's paper, but now he's blaming her for it? I hope when he loses this ridiculous case he has to pay all of the defendant's legal fees.
What if, by chance, he's actually telling the truth? Once caught, really, what is the point of continuing to protest with such vigor unless you had a justifiable complaint.
Melvin Van Peebles

Long Island City, NY

#4 Nov 21, 2008

Since: Nov 08

Garrison, NY

#5 Nov 21, 2008
One needs look no further than the parent(s)
buddy guy

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2008
I think Cristina did it.
BettyB

Laramie, WY

#7 Nov 21, 2008
It's hard for me to believe he'd go to all this trouble years later if he wasn't innocent. Or else he's seen what a bad decision has cost him.
Janet

Portland, OR

#8 Nov 21, 2008
BettyB wrote:
It's hard for me to believe he'd go to all this trouble years later if he wasn't innocent. Or else he's seen what a bad decision has cost him.
I agree. Seems like he would have let it go quietly if he was guilty.
Jan

Portland, OR

#9 Nov 21, 2008
I had to listen to many students argue with professors over papers "submitted" over email that were never received by the professors. I'm tired of people whining their way through life - students should be held to strict standards - turn it in on time, make sure the professor confirms that it is received - and go on your merry way.
Jim

Long Island City, NY

#10 Nov 21, 2008
This is really irritating. People that cheat, in the end, don't mount to much, if only because they never learn anything. So, even if they were to become president, like a certain recent president, their lack of knowledge would become apparent sooner or later.
manny

United States

#11 Nov 23, 2008
In this case, it sounds like the kid did not cheat - otherwise he would've just let the case die down. it would be awful if his college career was ruined for no reason. hopefull it all gets straightened out.
FED

Forest Hills, NY

#12 Nov 23, 2008
I agree with the above poster. Conscience would have trumped litigation by this point otherwise.
labrat

White Plains, NY

#13 Dec 29, 2008
Melvin Van Peebles wrote:
She's the one that is paying up, because she is the one that cheated, and never cared what happened to him
Ceciella

Oconto, WI

#14 Jan 5, 2011
Wow, not a good kid.
yeaaaaaaa

Leicester, MA

#15 May 14, 2012
YEEEEEAAAAAA
MaltaMon Again

Guelph, Canada

#16 May 23, 2012
Instead of worrying about plagiarism at school, just relax and go nude swimming.
But if you did plagiarize, you deserve a bare bottom spanking from a clothed female professor.
Agent Mulder

New York, NY

#17 May 23, 2012
MaltaMon Again wrote:
Instead of worrying about plagiarism at school, just relax and go nude swimming.
But if you did plagiarize, you deserve a bare bottom spanking from a clothed female professor.
Give it up bob.Everyone knows it's you pretending to be MaltaMon. I can understand why you wouldn't want to use your own name to post your sexual fantasies,but you may as well use your own name because everyone knows it's you anyway.
Agent Mulder Again

Dorval, Canada

#19 Jun 2, 2012
Oh look, now MaltaMon is posting as Mulder. How pretentious! What a moron!
Jorge Washington

Madison, CT

#20 Feb 25, 2013
I love this... it is so beautiful...
Jon

Madison, CT

#21 Feb 25, 2013
this is very interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trial ordered in Philly school cheating probe 1 hr MaltaMon 2
Student Sues Over SAT Error (Apr '06) 1 hr Phil 9
Penis comparison. Measuring flacid and erect sm... 20 hr anaon 53
Personal Injury Attorney, Jeffrey T. Jones Warn... Sep 19 anon 2
Did You Swim Nude In High School? (Dec '12) Sep 19 anon 1,197
500-254 practice exam & 500-254 question and an... Sep 19 testhorseahx 1
500-201 practice exam & 500-201 question and an... Sep 19 testhorseahx 1
•••

Education People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE