Lower-income teens aren't getting eno...

Lower-income teens aren't getting enough sleep, researchers say

There are 2 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Apr 22, 2014, titled Lower-income teens aren't getting enough sleep, researchers say. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

African-American high school students and boys in low- to middle-income families reported short, fragmented sleep, and that could play a role in their health risks, researchers reported Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Apr 23, 2014
The article contradicts itself.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#3 Apr 23, 2014
I don't care about anyone's sartorial preferences. The issue here is the amount of sleep, not how someone is dressed while sleeping. The contradiction I meant was how they announced this like it was some major headline and then said that other studies contradicted the findings. I would wonder about the sampling sizes and the reasons some Black teens are not getting enough sleep, and I wonder about gender. It is male teens who tend to get the negative messages and the pressure to "be a man" (when they might not even have a father in the home to show them what that really means).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer: Timbuktu residents felt shame after sit... 4 hr Pope Holy In Lourdes 1
Babcock University Batch D/supp. Admission list... 4 hr Pope Holy In Lourdes 2
Babcock University Batch D and E Admission list... 4 hr Pope Holy In Lourdes 3
PHIL ASE actual questions 4 hr Priestly Hymn is ... 2
News FBI raids home of ex-College Board official in ... 5 hr Phillip 1
News Britney Spears releases album 'Glory': What are... 5 hr Phillip 1
Fred Smith abused by MaltaMon 5 hr Phillip 3
More from around the web