Black community must remember to valu...

Black community must remember to value education, says Erika D. Smith

There are 164 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Black community must remember to value education, says Erika D. Smith. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

As a black woman, every once in a while I read something that makes me hang my head in shame and ball my fists in anger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#166 Jul 16, 2012
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! And best wishes for your daughter success. An intelligent, educated sister is an awesome presence. And whatever route she takes---Community college first or direct to the four year university---I hope she treats her education as more than a ticket to a great job or profession. I hope she seizes upon it for the possibilities of great intellectual and cultural development.
Again, caongrats and Best Wishes!
Co-sign!
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

Netherlands

#167 Jul 16, 2012
...community college for negrows?.........alwayz comes back to ebonics and nigonometry..........

..........young kneegras tryin to become something more than cotton pickers..........

.....ahh.......

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#168 Jul 16, 2012
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
...community college for negrows?.........alwayz comes back to ebonics and nigonometry..........
..........young kneegras tryin to become something more than cotton pickers..........
.....ahh.......
We are ALL something more than Masud. But then again, so is my nephew's pet turtle. LOL!

Since: Apr 12

Des Moines, IA

#170 Jul 16, 2012
A proud Grandmammy...whose daughter is about to graduate high school...

LMAO at your failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taylor Swift deserves the leadership praise she... 13 min Taylor Fan 6
News Columbia Academy teaches more than classroom le... 37 min adsfasd 11
School Of Nursing ABEOKUTA form is still on sal... 1 hr BOB LeBOB 4
Bingham University Pre-degree/Part time form is... 5 hr Mr_Jacob 1
Bells University Pre-degree/Part time form is O... 5 hr Mr_Jacob 1
Babcock University Pre-degree/Part time form is... 5 hr Mr_Jacob 1
Ajayi Crowther Uni Pre-degree/Part time form is... 5 hr Mr_Jacob 1
More from around the web