5 educators charged in Philadelphia t...

5 educators charged in Philadelphia test cheating

There are 4 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 8, 2014, titled 5 educators charged in Philadelphia test cheating. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A city principal and four teachers promoted cheating on standardized tests by changing student answers, providing answers to students and improperly reviewing questions prior to administering the tests, prosecutors said in announcing charges against the five.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

NoWayFastEddie

Pottstown, PA

#1 May 8, 2014
How ironic that teachers from the city of Philadelphia that just said it will not report the cheaters called illegal aliens to the federal authorities get caught in a cheating scandal.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/04/16/p...

I thought Mayor Nutter wasn't going to pursue "cheaters". Oooops, he didn't. The state is pursuing this.
NoWayFastEddie

Pottstown, PA

#2 May 8, 2014
A culture of cheating.

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/201405...

How can a problem be fixed if you don't have accurate data to work with. Fraudulent test scores do not help the students or teachers because the real problems are never addressed. The students are never taught or figure the tough subjects and the teachers never learn how to teach and fix academic problems. Both get by temporally with no permanent fixes.

How come the state had to pursue this and not the city?

NoWayFastEddie

Pottstown, PA

#5 May 9, 2014
The public schools apparently have a culture quite similar to corporate America where you get promoted for jumping for the boss which includes ignoring those pesky rules and laws. One cheating teacher got promoted to principal. Teachers also berated for not 'helping' students 'enough'.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Cha...

And people wonder why people lie on their resume or cheat in college during the final prep for the real world.
justhefacts

United States

#6 May 15, 2014
Cheating seems to be the way in Philly schools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punishment Hat Is Legal 17 hr Punish Her Ill Lad 7
Punishment (Nov '14) 17 hr Punish Her Ill Lad 73
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 17 hr Punish Her Ill Lad 198
Spanking Phil And MaltaMon (S.P.A.M. ) 17 hr Pubic Hair Itchy ... 12
Should I Spank my Sons over the pants,over the ... (Apr '14) 17 hr Pubic Hair Itchy ... 52
should spanking be brought back to schools ? (Apr '12) 17 hr Pubic Hair Itchy ... 291
News Paddling teacher under fire (Aug '14) 17 hr Parent Holds Its ... 38
More from around the web