Andrew Carnegie: American pundit

Andrew Carnegie: American pundit

Posted in the Education Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 May 6, 2013
Andrew Carnegie was a Scottish-American industrialist who led the enormous expansion of the American steel industry in the late 19th century. He was also one of the highest profile philanthropists of his era; his 1889 article "Wealth" (known more commonly—particularly in colloquial parlance—as "The Gospel of Wealth") remains a formative advisory text for those who aspire to lead philanthropic lives (source: Wikipedia).

Unlike other iconic American industrialist-philanthropists such as the legendary J.D. Rockefeller, Carnegie was very liberal and humanist and his work contributed to the founding of Carnegie-Mellon University, a people-friendly American school.

Carnegie's populist contributions perhaps artistically reflect the modern psyche marketability of ambition-iconography themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Celebrity" (1998).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CFA-Level-I Exam - 100% Passing Guarantee with ... 25 min examsbraindumps 1
Practice For CD0-001 Exams with VCE 25 min examsbraindumps 1
100% Passing Guarantee On CCCP-001 Exam VCE 26 min examsbraindumps 1
CCBA Exam VCE - Pass CCBA Quickly 27 min examsbraindumps 1
Latest And Updated Real CCB-400 Exam VCE 27 min examsbraindumps 1
Latest And Updated VCE For CCA-500 Exam 28 min examsbraindumps 1
Get CBAP Exam VCE for Quick Preparation 28 min examsbraindumps 1
More from around the web