Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Comments (Page 15)

Showing posts 281 - 300 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Society produces mass murderers. Mass murderers are driven by a complete lack of any conscience. Hitler and those who carried out his orders were;and,those who still survive today,are all mass murderers.
Have you ever heard of "MENTAL ILLNESS"? Just because somebody is mentally ill it does not mean they are evil.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY is capable of keeping the 10 Commmandments! That is why Jesus Christ came, led a sinless life, died on the cross taking the punishment for your sins, and rose again.
Our Lord died on the Cross to OPEN the Gates of Heaven and offer Salvation to all. He did not die to automatically forgive everyones' sins. Our Lord,Himself said "All sins can be forgiven." He did not say all sins will be forgiven. In addition,there is the matter of expiation for sin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of "MENTAL ILLNESS"? Just because somebody is mentally ill it does not mean they are evil.
Mental illness does not in anyway indicate that a person is evil. If I even implied that,I apologize. I am sure that most,if not all of us,have a sometime suffered from some form of 'mental illness.' The terms are general;and,cover everything from A-Z.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, asking Him to forgive their sin - ALL OF THEIR SINS ARE FORGIVEN> past, present and future. Christ only died on the cross one time, one time for all sins.
There is NOTHING a person can do to be forgiven for their sins other than to simply ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. There is no work you can do to earn forgiveness. Jesus Christ was the only one capable of earning your forgiveness, because He was sinless.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>The shooter took his life to escape punishment;the same reason why hitler took his life. Judaism and Christianity are not "controlled religion." Without Organized Religion,there is NO way that we can 'know' God. Vigilantism is not the answer. I too would find it difficult to forgive an sob.
I doubt Adam Lanza took his life to escape punishment. Adam Lanza was broken and he was in a rage. When he got his fill of killing he came down to his turn. Or who can say that Adam Lanza didn't shoot himself because he was disgusted by what he had just done and wanted to die?
I disagree, there are MANY people around the world who have no form of "organized religion." There are countries where it is illegal for Christians to meet and worship God or study His word. I have also met people who did not know another Christian so there was no other person much less a group to congregate with. Most of those people have richer relationships with God than anybody I have met in the United States.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, asking Him to forgive their sin - ALL OF THEIR SINS ARE FORGIVEN> past, present and future. Christ only died on the cross one time, one time for all sins.
There is NOTHING a person can do to be forgiven for their sins other than to simply ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. There is no work you can do to earn forgiveness. Jesus Christ was the only one capable of earning your forgiveness, because He was sinless.
Sir,in the case of criminal homicide,neither God nor the Son of God will unilaterally apply forgiveness. The victim or victims must also forgive;and, there are no 'free-lunches.' Expiation for sin is a reality. Also,we do not choose Our Lord and Saviour;He chooses us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Adam Lanza took his life to escape punishment. Adam Lanza was broken and he was in a rage. When he got his fill of killing he came down to his turn. Or who can say that Adam Lanza didn't shoot himself because he was disgusted by what he had just done and wanted to die?
I disagree, there are MANY people around the world who have no form of "organized religion." There are countries where it is illegal for Christians to meet and worship God or study His word. I have also met people who did not know another Christian so there was no other person much less a group to congregate with. Most of those people have richer relationships with God than anybody I have met in the United States.
Discrimination against Christianity is ofcourse very prevalent. Your reference to Organized Religion" is probably the Three Major Religions. Most of these people may worship a Creator. Events occurred in our past,that basically condemned us. Evil exists in the world. It is a reality. Christianity offers Salvation. It is possible for a person to be good and not a part of Organized Religion. Such a person has already been chosen by God;and, God choses who He wants,we do not do the choosing. Organized Religion does make it much easier for us to know God.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Discrimination against Christianity is ofcourse very prevalent. Your reference to Organized Religion" is probably the Three Major Religions. Most of these people may worship a Creator. Events occurred in our past,that basically condemned us. Evil exists in the world. It is a reality. Christianity offers Salvation. It is possible for a person to be good and not a part of Organized Religion. Such a person has already been chosen by God;and, God choses who He wants,we do not do the choosing. Organized Religion does make it much easier for us to know God.
No one is good enough. There was only one person good enough (sinless) to get to heaven on their own merit. That was Jesus Christ. We are all sinners. Only those who accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross will be forgiven. He was the final sacrifice, the Lamb of God.
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Sir,in the case of criminal homicide,neither God nor the Son of God will unilaterally apply forgiveness. The victim or victims must also forgive;and, there are no 'free-lunches.' Expiation for sin is a reality. Also,we do not choose Our Lord and Saviour;He chooses us.
Where in the bible does it say that "expiation" is necessary for forgiveness?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>The shooter took his life to escape punishment;the same reason why hitler took his life. Judaism and Christianity are not "controlled religion." Without Organized Religion,there is NO way that we can 'know' God. Vigilantism is not the answer. I too would find it difficult to forgive an sob.
Hitler did so because he saw what was done to Mussolini

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY is capable of keeping the 10 Commmandments! That is why Jesus Christ came, led a sinless life, died on the cross taking the punishment for your sins, and rose again.
I can't recall anyone I murdered , isn't that a commandment??
so at least one kept ...

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
Who is capable of keeping all of the commandments above? Nobody! If you are guilty of breaking one you may as well break them all because breaking the one will send you to hell.
not necessarily .... depends on what you believe... a little cleansing in Purgatory will get one to Heaven

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Society produces mass murderers. Mass murderers are driven by a complete lack of any conscience. Hitler and those who carried out his orders were;and,those who still survive today,are all mass murderers.
not so.. society, is a human society, is a group of people related to each other through persistent relations, or a large social grouping sharing the same

could be .. the circumstances, objects, or conditions by which one is surrounded . 2. a: the complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (ENVIRONMENT)

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
you need a new book or a new theologian .. nobody not even God forgives future sins..

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Sir,in the case of criminal homicide,neither God nor the Son of God will unilaterally apply forgiveness. The victim or victims must also forgive;and, there are no 'free-lunches.' Expiation for sin is a reality. Also,we do not choose Our Lord and Saviour;He chooses us.
my God created us , not chose us

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is good enough. There was only one person good enough (sinless) to get to heaven on their own merit. That was Jesus Christ. We are all sinners. Only those who accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross will be forgiven. He was the final sacrifice, the Lamb of God.
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
sorry two for sure , God and the one he called MOM

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
wrong God can our father... you do remember and of course the men of God can as well POPE etc etc ,, we call it asking for absolution .......... confession

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the bible does it say that "expiation" is necessary for forgiveness?
read , depends on your version ..... mine
The Bible tells us about the original test of man's freedom of choice.... Expiation (payment for sin) had to be made, and Jesus paid it all.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

NOW I WANT YOU TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY FOR EACH OTHER AND OPEN YOUR POCKETS ,WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE , WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDER
THATS IT WE NEED A NEW ORGAN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Education Forum right now

Search the Education Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HS nude swimming 1 hr MaltaMon 189
Microsoft Office 365 Certification Exam 74-325 ... 10 hr mscicatest 2
Office 365 for 74-324 practice exam 10 hr mscicatest 1
IBM M6040-520 exam questions 10 hr passexam 1
Microsoft 70-341 and 70-342 exam prep 10 hr passexam 1
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 74-338 exam 10 hr mscicatest 1
Cisco CCIE 300-029 dumps 10 hr passexam 1
•••
•••