Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

Judged:

I am a senior in college going for Elementary Education, and I have heard more and more schools getting rid of recess. What is going on in their minds?! Recess is a time for kids to be kids. Children can barely sit at their desks for longer than 20 minutes at a time and now their recess is getting taken away because schools feel it is not important? I feel that schools are going way too far lately. Of course there is a lot of academics that teachers have to get through in such a short time, but instead of getting rid of recess, which is important for the children socially and physically, why not make the school year a little bit longer like they do overseas? Some schooldays overseas are over 100 days longer than ours and they do just fine. That may be a better idea. Anyone have any thoughts on recess in schools?
high school student

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2007

Judged:

Personally i think recess is very important for the psychological growth of grade school children. But i also personally think that the American school system needs a large revamp
desiree allen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

Hello my name is desiree allen i am 11 years old and my speech is about childhood obesity.I think recess is keeping us in shape and it gives us a breake during the day.Most schools recess is no longer than 20 minuts and without it most kids would be hooked to games and computers more than they our.
the truth

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Judged:

damn you all who think recess should be taken out you will all burn in hell
kevin

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

No. Kids need to lose weight.
Brett

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

I don't want schools to get rid of recess.
CLM

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Judged:

I am a 5th grade teacher. I don't have enough time in my day to get what I need to get in. We have a 15 min. recess daily. I think it is a waste of time and it needs to stop. It is an archaic thing. They don't play when they are at home. Who needs this? No one. Learn to read and do math. Play on your own time.
Katie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

Sulliegirl407 wrote:
I am a senior in college going for Elementary Education, and I have heard more and more schools getting rid of recess. What is going on in their minds?! Recess is a time for kids to be kids. Children can barely sit at their desks for longer than 20 minutes at a time and now their recess is getting taken away because schools feel it is not important? I feel that schools are going way too far lately. Of course there is a lot of academics that teachers have to get through in such a short time, but instead of getting rid of recess, which is important for the children socially and physically, why not make the school year a little bit longer like they do overseas? Some schooldays overseas are over 100 days longer than ours and they do just fine. That may be a better idea. Anyone have any thoughts on recess in schools?
Hello recess or play time as it is called in the UK is important to children one to exercise two to communicate with each other and three to do what ever they want to do ie read or write what ever.How would adults like it if they had there paid tea/coffee breaks removed.Well it boils down to the same thing.Please tell me how many weeks long is a school year in America and what are the school holidays i would like to compare to see if there is a real difference to how long the school year lasts between our two countries.
Dejah Washington

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

Im In 8th Grade, And Im A Biq Kidd..
Buhh Recess Is Funnn . I Mean We Have Gymm Buhh Recess Is Always Original
izzy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

i hate you
izzy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

recess is the best part about school
izzy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

your stupid
yes for Recess

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

i think recess is a great idea and should be kept in school. Not only are they removing recess but music as well. Just last week my son's 3rd grade class got detention for 3 days for speaking during lunch. Lunch?!?!? Can you believe that. All these schools are doing are creating anti-social children.
Bob

New Market, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

Judged:

Recess is not needed. Kids can exercise and play out of school. School is for learning not having play time.
bobby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

recess is a VERY important part of school. kids need time to be kids. personally, i think kids dont get enough time to be kids. teachers can AT LEAST give up 15 minutes of their lives to let kids be kids.
pat

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

recess is very important. So is quiet time, gym, art, music, field trips, and so on. Kids need a break from relentless academics.
Green Goat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

They need it, along with PE, music, art, library, band, chorus, french, spanish etc. They need more than test-prep-test-prep-test-prep.
But does anyone listen? no!
Test-prep-test-prep,,,we know what we are doing...test-prep-test-prep-te st.
Katie

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

kevin wrote:
No. Kids need to lose weight.
That's what PE is for. Fights and drama occur at recess- No need for it.
Mick

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

As with all educational environments at all levels - everybody needs a break to re-charge themselves. Mick-odds-ends has some interesting things to say over on blogspot.
Katie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Well put it this way lets take tea/coffee breaks away from the workers that way they could get more work done and make more money for their KKKapitalist employers.After all what does the workforce want tea/coffee breaks for they can drink tea/coffee in their own home after WORK.SSSSh better not let the KKKapitalists know this or you will be up sh1t creek Tennessee without a paddle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Education Forum right now

Search the Education Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Substitute Teachers Are In Demand 1 hr Phil 13
Did You Swim Nude In High School? (Dec '12) 1 hr Phil 1,238
C2010-572 Exam brain dump testing engine 5 hr passokay123 1
C2010-564 Exam PDF demo testing engine 5 hr passokay123 1
The Decline and Fall of Education in a Decline ... 10 hr MaltaMon 4
Microsoft MB6-701 exam dumps 10 hr Phil 5
N*ked Swimming At School (Jul '12) 11 hr Bob 23
•••
•••