Manchester Looks To Expand All-Day Ki...

Manchester Looks To Expand All-Day Kindergarten

There are 11 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 27, 2008, titled Manchester Looks To Expand All-Day Kindergarten. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Bolstered by a local study that shows gains in test scores among students who had full-day kindergarten, Superintendent Kathleen M. Ouellette wants to offer at least one session of all-day kindergarten in every ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, CT

#1 Nov 28, 2008
"District officials said this week that they have not yet calculated the cost of the expansion."

Why is it so difficult to put an estimate on costs as soon as an idea pops into an education administrator's head?

The good thing is that once you have all day kindergarten, you can move to all-day pre-school and eventually you will be able to give birth at schools and leave your kids and tax dollars to the town, the BOE and the State.

American education: near the top in spending....near the bottom in performance.....
Good Idea

AOL

#2 Nov 28, 2008
This is a good idea.
Do like New Hampshire and eliminate 11th and 12th grade.
Dergabn

Radlin, Poland

#3 Dec 13, 2013
Have you ever heard about this program launched in the UK:
mykindergarten.co.uk

It looks like a really good idea. So maybe we should used it? Because why not?:D
Taritar

Walbrzych, Poland

#5 Dec 17, 2013
Dergabn it really depends on you. If you want to use it then it would be good for you. Such services make your life easier and also the life of your child in kindergarten. But the be honest it is not a thing which you absolutely need.
MaltaMon

Blackwood, NJ

#6 Dec 20, 2013
PA DAD JAM WAFFLES wrote:
Nowadays, nothing on earth would make me strip off and wash or dress in front of people, unless I wanted to...
We were FORCED to shower in the 70's. Our PE Teacher (who looked like Starsky!!)(without Hutch) used to come into the showers area and make sure we were all in there!
HE (Starsky) wore nothing either!......wouldn't be allowed these days (I enjoyed it though!)
Well, I guess that about says it all. "I thoroughly enjoyed it". Lol. So, what's the problem, then, DJ, if you "enjoyed it all"?
MaltaMon

Mullica Hill, NJ

#8 Dec 21, 2013
DJW wrote:
<quoted text>
DEBORAH REVY obviously liked carrying out these scenes with Maltamon's son so what is the "Problem".
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14cfb8_debo...
You said you "enjoyed" catching glimpses of your same-sex teacher in the nude. You don't see the hypocrisy in that? That you enjoyed communal showers? You don't appreciate your enjoyment of seeing yiur teacher naked as a blatant acknowledgement of your homosexuality? Why don't you grow up? The only support you attract are from other lying pedophiles, such as Pedo Bob, and from that tortured, seedy closeted gay soul and hanger-on wannabe voyeur across the Potomac from Obama .
Papas

Katowice, Poland

#9 Jan 24, 2014
Dergabn. Maybe you are right. Such services can really provide us with a lot of help, so. Why not, indeed.
MaltaMon

Medford, NJ

#12 Jan 24, 2014
Maltamon wrote:
<quoted text>
My other half's uncle owns a small public swimming pool. Sometimes he'd let her use it just for her friends in the evenings, after which we would all use the same communal shower areas (normally there were about four guys and five or six girls.
Good times.
I did that once.
Actually another time the showers in the ladies changing rooms at my local swimming baths failed and the chainging rooms flooded so they had to close them, so I just walked into the mens and showered with them. They didn't mind either.
God, the showers at Reading are so bad, its like they split the water pressure of a garden hose between a dozen shower heads.
Staying on topic, hardly any of the boys at Reading wear swimming shorts/pants to shower, and for good reason; if you've got shorts on, how are you supposed to get the most important parts clean?
I used to be really self conscious about communal showers when I was younger. Then one day, I just stopped; nobody is looking at your wang, and so what if they are?
On thursday they were proper nice showers, but i was one of the few people using it as most people were still arriving :P
Surely you just pull the shorts away from your body and let water slide down?? or put your hand down there?
DJW, I suppose it doesn't matter whose name you attempt to hide behind when you post your sick sordid pedophile fantasies. Everyone knows that it's you anyway.
Bob

Châteauguay, Canada

#14 Jan 24, 2014
MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> You said you "enjoyed" catching glimpses of your same-sex teacher in the nude. You don't see the hypocrisy in that? That you enjoyed communal showers? You don't appreciate your enjoyment of seeing yiur teacher naked as a blatant acknowledgement of your homosexuality? Why don't you grow up? The only support you attract are from other lying pedophiles, such as Pedo Bob, and from that tortured, seedy closeted gay soul and hanger-on wannabe voyeur across the Potomac from Obama .
To appreciate another person's body of the same sex, at any age, doesn't necessarily a homosexual.(MaltaMon reveals once again his ignorance of human sexuality.)
I never saw my PE teacher naked, and if I did, I don't think I would enjoy it, considering what he looked like clothed. But a boy who enjoys the sight of an attractive male nude is not automatically gay.
I took communal showers after PE in high school, and I enjoyed it.(Yes, yes, I know, CaDad claims he called my school, it never happened, etc etc etc) But that doesn't make me gay. I had fun nude with the same schoolmates I had just spent having fun with while clothed up in the gym.
Perhaps MaltaMon should grow up, or at least take a night school course in human sexuality.
What an ignorant moron...
Bob

Châteauguay, Canada

#15 Jan 24, 2014
Please insert "make one" between "necessarily" and "a" in the second line.(Damn touch screen typing deletes my text!)
Bob

Montréal, Canada

#16 Nov 5, 2015
MaltaMon claims to have a gay son that he loves and respects, yet in so many of his post, reveals that he has a poor grasp of homosexuality, and of human sexuality in general.
His crude, ignorant attitude to homosexuality indicates he has no love or respect for gays, or his own son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard disses Kallas 35 min Whities Not Checked 1
News Prisoners Aid ACT volunteers pack Christmas ham... 4 hr Sue 1
News A sobering look at what Betsy DeVos did to educ... 5 hr enforce FARA 1
News Strict parenting is a sign of love 7 hr Father Phil 5
Replacing the foreskin 8 hr Phil 5
News THS seniors show off community projects 8 hr Bob 21
The state of nature at Sumerhill? (Apr '14) 11 hr Digital Java Website 48
Did You Swim Nude In High School? (Dec '12) 11 hr Digital Java Website 2,615
More from around the web