Man hospital set to come down

Man hospital set to come down

There are 19 comments on the Logan Banner story from Jan 26, 2012, titled Man hospital set to come down. In it, Logan Banner reports that:

The old Man Hospital building will soon be coming down. The former hospital has sat vacant and in disrepair for years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Logan Banner.

sweetie

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2012
Great. The sooner the better. It is an eye sore.
meeeee

Logan, WV

#2 Jan 31, 2012
a-men to that. hopefully they will make it into an ice skating rink, or something for the kids. instead of another stupid bar.
shameshame

Huntington, WV

#3 Jan 31, 2012
It's a shame that they let that hospital go to a dump like it is. The workers there were nice, and you did get treated when you went there even if you didn't have any insurance, that's more that's more thank i can say for Logan. This area needed that hospital, we needing the doctors, and the medical treatment that they offered. Oh but no, now we are stuck with the clinic that they put in and it's takes FOR EVER to get an appointment there, and those places in man you sit there 3hrs to see a doctor and then they want to send you to logan, yeah like Logan is going to help anyone. They just send you on to Charleston, which is the best we have, it's just so far away. Who's ever choice it was to not re open Man Hospital, i hope that they have good insurance, and are close to Charleston so that they can get good medical treatment, because if they live in Logan Co, they aren't going to get it here.
FACT

Inez, KY

#4 Jan 31, 2012
More Tax Money.
The Truth

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 8, 2012
If the truth were known Logan Regional Hospital is the cause for the hospital being closed and staying closed.... Shame on those that refused to reopen our hospital....It isn't about the people but about Logan getting all the jobs and taking something away from Man...I always received better care from Man than Logan....ALWAYS

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 9, 2012
shameshame wrote:
It's a shame that they let that hospital go to a dump like it is. The workers there were nice, and you did get treated when you went there even if you didn't have any insurance, that's more that's more thank i can say for Logan. This area needed that hospital, we needing the doctors, and the medical treatment that they offered. Oh but no, now we are stuck with the clinic that they put in and it's takes FOR EVER to get an appointment there, and those places in man you sit there 3hrs to see a doctor and then they want to send you to logan, yeah like Logan is going to help anyone. They just send you on to Charleston, which is the best we have, it's just so far away. Who's ever choice it was to not re open Man Hospital, i hope that they have good insurance, and are close to Charleston so that they can get good medical treatment, because if they live in Logan Co, they aren't going to get it here.
Have u seen the inside there was no re opening, it is awful. Just aweful. Wall busted in ceiling ripped apart all the wiring has been stolen out for copper theives. It would ckst WAY to much to reopen
like to know

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 17, 2012
who owns the old hospital. I heard it was rick grimmetter the assessor
mmm

Logan, WV

#8 Feb 17, 2012
They should turn it into something for kids, kids do not have as much places to go as us when we were young.
trail rider

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 18, 2012
The property is going to be used to build cabins for the Hatfield and Mccoy trail

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 28, 2012
trail rider wrote:
The property is going to be used to build cabins for the Hatfield and Mccoy trail
Yes I too agree with you. The park for kids would be good idea.
trail rider

Dublin, OH

#11 Feb 28, 2012
Has any noticed the big trucks at the old junior high in man. The trucks have been sent from the northern part of state to clean out the building so the building can be leveled to the ground by summer. The word is that the property will be used to build a place for people to stay while trailriding in Man area
WONDERING WHO

Charleston, WV

#12 Mar 7, 2012
who owns the old hospital now. i heard it rick grimmitte then i heard buddy grimmett was trying to buy it. there is alot of eqiuipment in there that they should get out and send to places that don't have anything. if anyone knows who owns its please let me know.
local

Switzer, WV

#13 Mar 8, 2012
the man hospital probably wont be torn down any time soon, for the same reason we have so many eyesore delipidated schools not being torn down. they are full of asbestos, which means special abatement crew must remove the asbestos 1st. which means BIG BUCKS.
JoAnn

AOL

#14 Mar 13, 2012
What they need to tear down is the old Man Jr. high school before someone gets hurt or killed in there, and build a new bldg, for something for the kids, all of these old bldgs. has abesto in them and they still let kids go in them, they are dangerous and they will wait until someone get hurt or get some kind of illness from them, they need youth centeres here and someone to run them properly, and they do need trailriders places for them to stay, they need things to build up the economy here and this place can come alive again and prosper.What we do not need is more hillbilly bars where all the kids do is fight, and not even old enought to be in them in the first place it would also be nice to have a movie theatre in Man again,something for kids to do, and a place to go.
concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#15 Mar 14, 2012
The hospital is scheduled to be torn down, I don't know what they are waiting on. It was a done deal. the new clinic "Southern Health systems" will be building a permanent building. This was told at the meeting at Man last month,
local

Switzer, WV

#16 Mar 19, 2012
I went to the meetings in the 90's saying rt. 10 was a done deal too. and we are still waiting. I hope your right, but im not holding my breath.
the money involved isnt just taking a bulldozer and knocking it over.
we need to get these old school removed too, some are taking up some prime realestate that could be used to generate tax dollars. the old jr high, christian grade, earling grade, mallory grade, the old buffalo annex.
No one dpecial

Pineville, WV

#17 Apr 5, 2012
Never gonna happen!
Nilla

Hurricane, WV

#18 Apr 6, 2012
local wrote:
I went to the meetings in the 90's saying rt. 10 was a done deal too. and we are still waiting. I hope your right, but im not holding my breath.
we need to get these old school removed too, some are taking up some prime realestate that could be used to generate tax dollars. the old jr high, christian grade, earling grade, mallory grade, the old buffalo annex.
Christian Grade?????????, I think not!!
concerned citizen

Ripley, WV

#19 Apr 6, 2012
local wrote:
A new organization called LEAD is working on this, let's hope they get the ball rolling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bankruptcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IMF to help Ukraine with up to $18 billion bailout (Mar '14) 1 hr Eastern Europe 25
News Hedge funds want Puerto Rico to cut spending to... 10 hr El Cacique 11
News Acme Markets Bids For Eastchester A&P Jul 24 IKE 1
News Latino Groups Vow To Remind Voters Which Candid... Jul 22 ALLANKS 11
News Timeshare Investigation: Bridgeport Woman Says ... (Nov '14) Jul 21 Ethel 5
News Fair still on, says nonprofit Jul 20 guest too 4
News Greek radical left wins election, threatening m... (Jan '15) Jul 16 QUITTNER Jul 16 2015 482
More from around the web