Romney Economics: Cheat Main Street

May 30, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.ourfuture.org

Mitt Romney made a boatload of money for himself and his fellow fat cats. No doubt about it. Billions. But he made it the way Americans hate most – Wall Street style wheeling and dealing.

Americans hate it because when all that scheming went bad, when the market collapsed, it was the 99 percent who footed the bill to bailout Wall Street. The same is true of Romney and Bain. When Bain bankrupted the companies it bought – and Bain did that shockingly often – workers and Main Street businesses paid the price.

Comments
81 - 85 of 85 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable.
Yes, you are.

“Changing other people's posts is a confession that you are full of shit.”

Lawrence Wolf, ca. 2012

“hillary's reset button”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no sense to whine about welfare when you are among the greatest welfare cheats.
You are right about NYS high taxes. The cost of living is very high, so the middle-income pay more taxes than their equals in other states; and those taxes go to subsidize more welfare programs in states like Alabama, Mississippi, New Mexico, Alaske, in fact, all the "red states" are on welfare from NY, CT, NJ, MA, PA, &c. Yes, we are suckers. There should be a fundamental revision of Federal spending in the welfare "red states."
America has devolved since liberals starting using the poor to get power from the rich. You are a perfect example.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same with medical costs. When no one really cares to know the cost of a service because medicare/medicaid,insurance picks up the bulk of the bill and no one asks "how much?"--aside from the cost of miltiples of third-party billing--medical costs necessarily go up.
Medicare is not an entitlement. It may be subsidized, but it's not a freebie. The user pays, and has paid all of his working life for this "benefit". The user also continues to pay even after he begins using the plan.

But again, I agree that there's an irresponsibility to "free". That's why we shouldn't have "free" healthcare....we should have "sliding scale" healthcare where everyone pays something according to income.

I'm insured, but the cost for me to see my doctor has gone up and I think twice about going now. I got a bill for $140.00 for lab tests. No more lab tests for me. Healthy for me? Probably not, but I've pretty much come to the decision that preventive medicine is out of my price range. I'll see a doctor when only when absolutely necessary.

Healthcare, even with insurance, has slid out of my price range. And because I work in healthcare, I know that one of the biggest reasons for that is people who are uninsured. Those who cannot and will not pay their medical bills cost doctors and facilities hundreds of millions of dollars a year...that cost MUST be added to insured patients as a way of making up the difference.

If we were to take healthcare and make everyone pay something ($10.00 per visit at the least) it would do two things:
it would make people responsible for their actions... "Am I sick enough to spend $10.00?" AND it would generate revenue for providers, which in turn could lower the cost overall for everyone.
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Fart Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are.
“Changing other people's posts is a confession that you are full of shit.”
Lawrence Wolf, ca. 2012
Lawrence has the right to his opinions. YOU don't have a right to them. You don't have much of anything, in fact, do you?

That's why everything is personal with you.

You make me laugh, Farts...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
America has devolved since liberals starting using the poor to get power from the rich. You are a perfect example.
But it's fine with reTHUGlicans when conservatives use the rich to get money and power from the poor and the middle class. That upward movement of wealth is what you guys are all about, innit?

And your God forbid that any of it go the other way, to those who NEED it.

Scum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••