Pilots at American Airlines plan strike vote

Aug 22, 2012 Full story: KHOU-TV Houston 27

The pilot's union says it will hold a strike vote if American Airlines throws out its labor contract in bankruptcy court.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lopsided

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Sep 6, 2012
sickandtired is the only post here that gets it right! Shame on all of those that want these pilots fired. How come no one is aiming their righteous indignation at the management team of AA who will walk away with millions no matter what happens while most of the cockpit crews will probably never again make what they do right now.

Why are there so many people cheering at other's misfortune? Shame on all of you. BTW, a special place in He!! is reserved for the person who idiotically equates pilots with politicians; politicians avoid risk to themselves at all costs while pilots face risks as part of their job description every day.

Give it a rest already with all the ignorant slamming of AA pilots. If you are not one, you have no idea what the issues really are.

BTW, ask yourselves why having a legally negotiated contract can just be voided by a ruling of a judge, who also has no idea what so ever what the real life day to day issues of pilots are? How can this be seen as a good thing on any level other than to further the aims of greedy managers and Wall St types? Talk about judicial activism/corruption thinly veiled by black robes.
phatmoon

Delray Beach, FL

#23 Sep 6, 2012
I see the destruction of the American middle class in this blog. I hope these folks have money. Please folks I hope you're not serious.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#24 Sep 6, 2012
lopsided wrote:
sickandtired is the only post here that gets it right! Shame on all of those that want these pilots fired. How come no one is aiming their righteous indignation at the management team of AA who will walk away with millions no matter what happens while most of the cockpit crews will probably never again make what they do right now.
Why are there so many people cheering at other's misfortune? Shame on all of you. BTW, a special place in He!! is reserved for the person who idiotically equates pilots with politicians; politicians avoid risk to themselves at all costs while pilots face risks as part of their job description every day.
Give it a rest already with all the ignorant slamming of AA pilots. If you are not one, you have no idea what the issues really are.
BTW, ask yourselves why having a legally negotiated contract can just be voided by a ruling of a judge, who also has no idea what so ever what the real life day to day issues of pilots are? How can this be seen as a good thing on any level other than to further the aims of greedy managers and Wall St types? Talk about judicial activism/corruption thinly veiled by black robes.
I have not slammed our pilots. although I believe the profession as a whole is overrated. These are not barnstormers. The modern day pilot is more of a computer monitor. If anyone but glider pilot Sully is landing in the river that plane is a cartwheeling fireball of death. The average pilot owes him a fortune. As an employee of AA, the social media policy which over rules my first amendment rights prohibits me from bashing them. The remaining comment has been redacted to preserve employment

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#25 Sep 6, 2012
phatmoon wrote:
I see the destruction of the American middle class in this blog. I hope these folks have money. Please folks I hope you're not serious.
You have no idea, and perhaps an aviation forum is too small of a venue. Everyone demands cheap. Eventually retailers are forced to buy from overseas suppliers, causing American job loss, or cut wages. The underpaid, or unemployed person is now forced to buy cheaper goods. A vicious cycle. For those of you old enough to remember, Walmart used to run ads priding itself on the fact the shelves were stocked with goods made by United States of America laborers. Now you will be lucky to find that label in Walmart. Why, they are the low cost leader. AA paid me a decent wage, even though I took a 30% cut and had to alter my lifestyle back in 2003. Now I will be unemployed, replaced by a guy who will need several jobs to feed his family. I will need to also find more than one job, and resturant night will no longer exsist. A major lifestyle change. Do they still offer dial up internet. Not sure I can maintain wireless. It is for sure gone from my phone.
ScabHater

Daytona Beach, FL

#26 Sep 7, 2012
American Airline Pilots are fighting for not only their future and the future of their families but they are also fighting for the future of you junior pilots with no careers and no flight hours! Obviously, you all have no clue what it takes to be a commercial airline pilot. It take integrity and professionalism. You all should start rehearsing...the bubble is going to burst!
Retired UPS Pilot

Stephenville, TX

#27 Sep 7, 2012
June fl wrote:
If you do your homework you would find that the pilots at American are not the highest paid in the industry, they're looking for equality amoung their piers. Carriers pay more for cargo pilots than pilots who secure the safety of people. What does that tell you?
It tells me cargo pilots are smarter.
k sully sea

Kirkland, WA

#28 Sep 9, 2012
June fl wrote:
If you do your homework, you would find that pilots at American are paid far less than their piers because of the last contract which gave concessions. Now they just want equality with the other carriers who have gone through this process.
It takes time to get it back! Just made this yr what I made in 2002. We went through BK and felt the pain for yrs. Wanting parity with companies on the other side of BK by 7 yrs isn't going to happen,nice try asking thou. Good luck, beware of Chug a Lug Doug!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bankruptcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard Sat Frank 1
Free Press bankruptcy truth squad on alert with... (Jan '14) Dec 21 reality is a crutch 4
How can I create Blu-ray structure from MKV fil... Dec 18 HaileyLi 1
4 indicted in West Virginia chemical spill case Dec 17 carlos ross 2
Yatseniuk Urges International Donor Conference Dec 15 Zeppelin 1
UPDATE 3-Ukrainian PM warns of default risk, ca... Dec 15 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
More from around the web