Queen City electronics retailer files for bankruptcy

There are 3 comments on the Feb 2, 2012, The Charlotte Observer story titled Queen City electronics retailer files for bankruptcy. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

The company was founded in 1952, off South Tryon Street, by Woody Player. It was known as Queen City Television Service Co., which is still the company's corporate name.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#1 Feb 3, 2012
"And another one's gone
And another one's gone
Another one bites the dust."

Thanks Wal-Mart and Best Buy
Carter Pewterschmidt

Monroe, NC

#2 Feb 3, 2012
The problem wasn't the big box stores as much as overextended credit, not stocking what the public wanted and poorly trained employees. I went in to buy a refrigerator. The ones they had on the showroom floor were 3-5 year old models. I knew which model I wanted. They told me they could have it in a week and gave me a price. They offered me one of the 3 year old models which was very similar, just a little smaller at a big discount and I agreed to buy it. The sales person started writing it up and started asking all of these personal questions. I asked why and he said they had to fill out a credit report. I told him I was paying cash. He said that the price he quoted was for a credit sale and he would have to start over to figure out the cash price. I told him to kiss my ass and went to Lowes and bought the one I wanted.
Brian Griffin

Nashville, TN

#3 Jun 12, 2012
I've never had a problem with Queen City.. They ALWAYS have the best trained employees. Their pricing is the same whether paying cash, or credit. I belive you mistook a "big box" store for them when typing this... By the way, they have filed recently to repay all debtors and should be ok this summer...
Carter Pewterschmidt wrote:
The problem wasn't the big box stores as much as overextended credit, not stocking what the public wanted and poorly trained employees. I went in to buy a refrigerator. The ones they had on the showroom floor were 3-5 year old models. I knew which model I wanted. They told me they could have it in a week and gave me a price. They offered me one of the 3 year old models which was very similar, just a little smaller at a big discount and I agreed to buy it. The sales person started writing it up and started asking all of these personal questions. I asked why and he said they had to fill out a credit report. I told him I was paying cash. He said that the price he quoted was for a credit sale and he would have to start over to figure out the cash price. I told him to kiss my ass and went to Lowes and bought the one I wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bankruptcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nevins Joins U.S. Bankruptcy Court In Connecticut Mon Citizen44 2
News Greek anger over state cash grab from hospitals... Apr 24 Popstar 1
News Judge returns ultra-rich club founder Tim Blixs... Apr 22 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Ukraine Debt Rating Now Super-Duper Junk Apr 17 FASCIST Ukraine 37
News Why it's proving hard to save Greece Apr 16 Rockstar 1
News Most early bidders want to keep Otters in Erie Apr 11 pi365i 1
News Emanuel's re-election present: Chicago's fiscal... Apr 9 Butters 6
More from around the web