Romney to make pitch to black voters at NAACP

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: NBC29 30

Mitt Romney isn't going to win the black vote. But he's making a pitch to African-Americans at the NAACP's annual meeting, giving a major speech that's also aimed at showing independent and swing... Mitt Romney isn't going to win the black vote.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gravediggers

United States

#1 Jul 11, 2012
Group Think
Who

Stockton, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2012
Of course he isn't going to get black vote.

1. He's white.

2. He's talking about jobs, meaning blacks would have to get off their lazy asses and get off welfare.

3. He's white.(That would be racism for the rest of us)

What does Obastard promise? As much welfare as possible to those who are inherently lazy deadbeats.
Thurston Chad Howell IV

Flora, IN

#4 Jul 11, 2012
There is nothing wrong with this economy. Those that are unemployed have chosen to be unemployed. I will be voting for Romney. Romney is a white wealthy Republican male. Thanks to Bain Capital,the company I inherited from my Father was sold to a foreign concern. We did license some proprietary intellectual property to the Chinese and I collect a larger royalty today--moreso than if I were still running the plant. The economy is good. I have more time to play golf. Btw,My Father always voted Republican and so shall I.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Gotta give him credit for making that speech.
reality bites

Richmond, VA

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Talk about an exercise in futility.
Jeeves

Winchester, VA

#7 Jul 11, 2012
Thurston Chad Howell IV wrote:
There is nothing wrong with this economy. Those that are unemployed have chosen to be unemployed. I will be voting for Romney. Romney is a white wealthy Republican male. Thanks to Bain Capital,the company I inherited from my Father was sold to a foreign concern. We did license some proprietary intellectual property to the Chinese and I collect a larger royalty today--moreso than if I were still running the plant. The economy is good. I have more time to play golf. Btw,My Father always voted Republican and so shall I.
Oh sir, I've packed the luggage for Austria.
Dude

Winchester, VA

#8 Jul 11, 2012
heh wrote:
Gotta give him credit for making that speech.
and the irony of them booing the repeal of Obamacare, which is forcing people to buy a product from a private company or face a "tax"
DontRenege2012

Carmel, IN

#10 Jul 11, 2012
Well at least Romney is trying to reach out to these brainwashed black sheeple with a few simple facts about the obamanation's incompetency and failed regime. But if these black sheeple still vote 95% for the obamanation because he's black, just what exactly will they be demanding that President Romney do for the black community? "Mo free stuff?" If blacks do vote for the obamanation at a 95% clip President Romney's not going to do much for them. Why should he? But if Romney can get that 95% reduced down to about maybe 80% or even lower President Romney can see that blacks are responding to his common sense policies and will be encouraged to do a lot more for them.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 11, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>and the irony of them booing the repeal of Obamacare, which is forcing people to buy a product from a private company or face a "tax"
guess they must not be the 1-2% of the population who incur the tax, I mean penalty

http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/f...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Jul 11, 2012
I dunno. A lot of blacks are pretty pissed off at Obama. We'll see.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Mick wrote:
He is trying to reach all Americans, Black and White to rescue America. Educated people understand this. Lets pull together.
Good point! May not vote for him, but you are right.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#15 Jul 11, 2012
ROmeny had the guts to go to a black forum. How many white republicans have done that?
I may not vote for him but I really respect him.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jul 11, 2012
ROmney is not a racist!
LION

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jul 11, 2012
BLACKS

need to support the black banks and black credit unions.
Most blacks do not.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jul 11, 2012
BLACKS
need to form small investment groups and find things to investe in.
Bear

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jul 11, 2012
LION wrote:
ROmney is not a racist!
And he is not popular with the conservative base, but is the lesser of evils.
Mr Woodcock

Grafton, OH

#20 Jul 11, 2012
stay To me Former President Bill Clinton will FOREVER be America's 1st Black President! Barack Hussein Obama is an Uncle Tom! For REAL CHANGE in this country, we need a Clinton or Kennedy back in the Oval Office! If Obama gets reelected and things stay the same over the next four years, we are all FUCKED because the Republican Candidate will win in a landslide, and what if that candidate is Jed Bush or Paul Ryan??? If Obama gets reelected, the Republicans take back the US Senate, which is likely to happen due to the fact that the Republicans only need to win 4 seats in the Senate, and the Republicans hold the US Congress, what can Obama acccomplish in 4 years?????

“for sure__maybe”

Since: Mar 11

Dubtown Ohio

#21 Jul 11, 2012
Mick wrote:
He is trying to reach all Americans, Black and White to rescue America. Educated people understand this. Lets pull together.
This is dedicated to Mitt who has proven to be a for the people and will unite us all because he is so kind and humane:

How much is that doggie on my rooftop (arf! arf!)
The one with the waggley tail
How much is that doggie on my rooftop?(arf! arf!)
I do hope that doggy will sell

I must take a trip to California
And I can't leave my poor doggie alone
If I tie him to the rooftop, he won't be lonesome
and I won't hear him moan

I do hope that doggie will sell

I read in the paper there are robbers (roof! roof!)
With flashlights that shine in the dark
I need a doggie to protect me
And scare them away with one bark

I don't want a bunny or a kitty
I don't want a parrot that talks
I don't want a bowl of little fishies
I can't put a goldfish on the top

JLS-83

Portland, OR

#22 Jul 11, 2012
Romney has little chance to win. Because he is a Mormon the religious right, which is what got Reagan and both Bush president elected will not want to vote for him.

The far left wont be swayed and you can't win off the independent vote alone.

I am not a fan of Obama, but I like Romney even less. He want's to take America backwards, so does everyone on the right, they live in this 1960s dream of the perfect house and picket fence. Sadly this isn't the 1960s, this is 2012, we have to move forward to new glory not live in a past that isn't achievable.

No one on the right understands that, they pander to the dreams of what were instead of pushing us to what we could be.
Mr Woodcock

Grafton, OH

#23 Jul 11, 2012
President Barack HUSSEIN Obama! This doesn't sound like a Christian Name to me! Possibly, Middle Eastern, Kenyan or Islamic Name??? And if I remember Barack Hussein Obama's Book, he ate DOG when he was young! If I were a dog, I would rather be placed on the rooftop of a car any day of the week, before being eaten! Just saying! And last but not least, Mitt Romney had the balls to speak in front of his critics, unlike Barack HUSSEIN Obama, who intends to send his flunky, oh I mean Vice President Biden, to the NAACP Convention to speak on his behalf tomorrow. Can't take a bit of criticism by your own so called race Obama??? If you look at Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of Massachusetts, you will see that Mitt Romney Publicly supported Affirmative Action, which is more that I can say for Obama's Uncle Tom Ass! Remember when Maxine Waters and the Congressional Black Caucus questioned HUSSEIN Obama's intentions towards blacks and their issues and problems??? How quickly people forget!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bankruptcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can I create Blu-ray structure from MKV fil... Thu HaileyLi 1
4 indicted in West Virginia chemical spill case Dec 17 carlos ross 2
Yatseniuk Urges International Donor Conference Dec 15 Zeppelin 1
UPDATE 3-Ukrainian PM warns of default risk, ca... Dec 15 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
Mich. governor OKs ending Detroit's emergency s... Dec 10 reality is a crutch 1
Company president in chemical spill facing charges Dec 10 Eleanor 1
More from around the web