Hostess: No other bids to buy Twinkies

Mar 12, 2013 Full story: Ledger-Enquirer.com 9

Hostess is moving ahead with plans to sell its Twinkies and other snack cakes after nobody stepped forward to top an offer made by two investment firms.

Full Story
Smiths Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#1 Mar 13, 2013
The "We know what you should eat" food people hate twinkies, almost as much as Hardees
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Mar 13, 2013
Do those interested in purchasing Hostess have to keep the top management on board? The ones who triples their salaries over the past 2 years and then blamed it all on labor. First thing one who buys this company should do is fire these lazy over priced slobs and make the new managers salaries based on performance.
Dennis

Newnan, GA

#3 Mar 13, 2013
The problem with US manufacturing is unions.
They served their purpose 100 years ago but now are nothing but defenders of greed and in productivity.
The unions destroyed productivity in the USA.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Mar 13, 2013
The plant in Columbus did not pay out huge salaries to hard honest workers. Are you covering up for Corporate greedy pigs? What kind of salary minimum would YOU work for?
Hidey Ho

Tifton, GA

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
Do those interested in purchasing Hostess have to keep the top management on board? The ones who triples their salaries over the past 2 years and then blamed it all on labor. First thing one who buys this company should do is fire these lazy over priced slobs and make the new managers salaries based on performance.
You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the problem Columbus Native. Please don't these other ignorant "rednecks" get you down. Being anti-union is bred into what little 'edumacation' these nitwits manage to acquire over the brief period of time they actually spend learning something.

I assume this is not news to you if you have spent any significant time here in the South. I've actually spent (wasted) time talking with some of these mental midgets about this very topic. When I start dropping provable facts and figures on their under-developed little minds...they all get this 'deer in the headlights' look and usually mumble something 'earth shattering' such as "I don't need no union doin my thinking for me."

It really is a waste of time trying to get these rocket scientists to see beyond anything other their mud-bogging and 12-packs of Budweiser (which is ironically, a union product). This generational brain defect is one of the reasons why the Republican party continues to dominate throughout the South. They could run a commode for Governor down here...and these dip-shits would vote for it. Why? Generational 'drain bamage' and "Damn right I'm from the by God South...Yee haw."
Hidey Ho

Tifton, GA

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Dennis wrote:
They served their purpose 100 years ago but now are nothing but defenders of greed and in productivity.
Dennis, did you actually acquire this wealth of economic insight all by yourself? If someone told you this...I suggest you look them up and bitch slap them for filling your head with BS. US manufacturing began it's downward slide when greedy companies decided they could maximize profits by shifting their operations to countries where they could pay the workforce the equivalent of $5-$10 a day with no benefits whatsoever. No OSHA to watch out for their safety. No Child Labor laws. No overtime laws. Perhaps you might feel better if you lived in China?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Dennis wrote:
How did they serve a purpose 100 years ago? The best way for America to see balance between labor and management is periodic minimum wage increases. Labor unions ask too much but Big business does'nt want to pay a fair wage either.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Mar 14, 2013
Hidey Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis, did you actually acquire this wealth of economic insight all by yourself? If someone told you this...I suggest you look them up and bitch slap them for filling your head with BS. US manufacturing began it's downward slide when greedy companies decided they could maximize profits by shifting their operations to countries where they could pay the workforce the equivalent of $5-$10 a day with no benefits whatsoever. No OSHA to watch out for their safety. No Child Labor laws. No overtime laws. Perhaps you might feel better if you lived in China?
Very good intelligent comment, Agree 100%. We go from one extreme to another. Unions want too much but corporate America would love to pay 1 dollar a day with no benefits.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Hidey Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the problem Columbus Native. Please don't these other ignorant "rednecks" get you down. Being anti-union is bred into what little 'edumacation' these nitwits manage to acquire over the brief period of time they actually spend learning something.
I assume this is not news to you if you have spent any significant time here in the South. I've actually spent (wasted) time talking with some of these mental midgets about this very topic. When I start dropping provable facts and figures on their under-developed little minds...they all get this 'deer in the headlights' look and usually mumble something 'earth shattering' such as "I don't need no union doin my thinking for me."
It really is a waste of time trying to get these rocket scientists to see beyond anything other their mud-bogging and 12-packs of Budweiser (which is ironically, a union product). This generational brain defect is one of the reasons why the Republican party continues to dominate throughout the South. They could run a commode for Governor down here...and these dip-shits would vote for it. Why? Generational 'drain bamage' and "Damn right I'm from the by God South...Yee haw."
There were no labor unions in Columbus in the 60's and 70's when all the textile plants were shut down and moved to Mexico. No, hell textile corporate monsters thought 3.00 and hour (non-union) wages were too much. Oh yes and those huge luxurious shotgun homes many in north Columbus and Bibb City raised large families in were too much for the greedy rich inglorious basterds to handle. You can't reason with a hardcore republican, they will always try to knock that square peg into a round hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Economics News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timeshare Investigation: Bridgeport Woman Says ... 1 hr shame on wynham 1
'Dark Web' drug site challenge law enforcement Tue lavon affair 5
Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months Nov 22 fast and furious 2
Suspected Ponzi scheme investigated (Jul '10) Nov 22 LORD BALFOUR 196
U.S. top court to hear Bank of America cases on... Nov 19 Cement Heads 13
Municipality forced to obtain loans of R150m (Jul '12) Nov 19 Mrs Rebecca West 2
After bankruptcy: A 'grand bargain' will help D... Nov 14 reality is a crutch 1

Economics News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE