American Airlines Readies for US Airw...

American Airlines Readies for US Airways Merger

There are 4 comments on the Barron's story from Jan 9, 2013, titled American Airlines Readies for US Airways Merger. In it, Barron's reports that:

Two items today suggest that executives at American Airlines parent AMR are clearing the way for the long-mooted merger with US Airways .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Barron's.

M smith

Rockville, MD

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I hope when US Air buys AA that they treat all employees the same and the TWA employees who work for AA will be allowed to use their full like seniority and not be treated like stepchildren like A A has treated us. Maybe if the TWA employees were treated fairly and transferred over equally karma would not have hit AA.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#2 Jan 14, 2013
I'm a former TWA pilot myself and I can't imagine joining AA and Us scare. Usair has a huge seniority mess that they haven't addressed in what? Years? And they want to merge with another carrier? If it does happen maybe the former TWA group can wrestle back their stolen seniority. It would be fun watching the AA natives squirm.
Toad

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
glasspilot wrote:
I'm a former TWA pilot myself and I can't imagine joining AA and Us scare. Usair has a huge seniority mess that they haven't addressed in what? Years? And they want to merge with another carrier? If it does happen maybe the former TWA group can wrestle back their stolen seniority. It would be fun watching the AA natives squirm.
I'm former WAL and didn't get my sen when we merged w/ DAL....the Pan Am folks didn't either.....the NorthEastern folks didn't either..........The NorthWest folks got full senority. Something every employee group @ DAL demanded. mp #'s were re-sequenced so there wouldn't be any petty Red Tail, Green Tail, prior crap hanging over our heads. It has turned out great. We merged, we didn't fight, we are making a ton of moola, getting profit share, pay raises, DAL is a tech leader for AL's. The list is endless. This industry is turbulent at best. You have to work as a team or it doesn't get done.
aaflyer

Hemet, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
M smith wrote:
I hope when US Air buys AA that they treat all employees the same and the TWA employees who work for AA will be allowed to use their full like seniority and not be treated like stepchildren like A A has treated us. Maybe if the TWA employees were treated fairly and transferred over equally karma would not have hit AA.
If you hate AA THAT MUCH...AND YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY AA BEEN TREATING QUIT!!!! OR GO BACK TO WORK FOR T.W.A. OHHH FORGOT THER GONE YOU WOULLDNT HAVE A JOB NOW?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Economics News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court rules to liquidate Duraco Products (Mar '10) Mar 15 rambler rich 14
News RadioShack files for second bankruptcy in 2 years Mar 12 Shean 1
News Radio Shack closing stores Mar 10 The public offender 2
News Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months (Nov '14) Mar 2 stalk this 30
News 'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Gets 11th-Hour Rep... Feb 22 Ynott 1
News Ivanka Trump takes daughter Arabella to the Sup... Feb 22 Jeff Brightone 1
News Fanfare for Hugh's Room fundraiser upsets unpai... Feb 22 Tommy Ryam 2
More from around the web