Carbon Motors files for bankruptcy

Jun 12, 2013 Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis 33

A company that had planned to take over a vacant Connersville plant and build high-tech police cars has filed for bankruptcy.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Perfect

Richmond, IN

#1 Jun 12, 2013
Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? These people are thieves!
observer

Milltown, IN

#2 Jun 12, 2013
No...not at all. The claims against the company are mostly from investors, the article says. Where the HELL did it all go ? SOMEBODY is gonna put out a CONTRACT on Satan Li ! This means the investors got skull-fu**ed !!! Glad I never invested in this farce !
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jun 12, 2013
More tax payer money gone! More money from private investors gone. The hope of new jobs in a town that needs them GONE. Way to push for this Mitch.
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jun 12, 2013
And look at what LiteBox did to Indy. Ballard had our tax dollars invest in that company also. Once again, we got railroaded.
wtf

Connersville, IN

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Karmas got your back. The guy that started the litebox thing was exactly like Santana Li playing around with OPM in debt, in I think California bad investments on properties. Anyway he died.
GTW

Connersville, IN

#8 Jun 13, 2013
Indiana Business Journal article.

http://www.ibj.com/carbon-motors-chapter-7-fi...

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 13, 2013
Well I would have expected that after those guys came out in the paper suing Li. No one will ever be able to collect but a lien can be placed on their assets if a judge knew the scams they have pulled. They should take that car and the new one and pay bills with it. We will never see our share of it either. Just sickening isn't it. He has to have made a criminal mistake somewhere along the line. Hope he gets his in the end.
Now he has a new set of investors to scam!!!!!!! in California
legal eagle

Milltown, IN

#10 Jun 13, 2013
to Indycorvette : Li's reputation will precede him ! You can bet your ASS Governor Mike Pence, or Mitch Daniels himself, will tip off Arnold Schwarznegger as to this guy's bullshit. Big-buck investors are usually friends with each other somewhat. This scammer's reputation will get around to these people and sooner or later, Santana Li will not have a friend ANYWHERE ! He will be like Roman Emperor Caligula...hated by all.
You know who

Connersville, IN

#11 Jun 13, 2013
indycorvette wrote:
Well I would have expected that after those guys came out in the paper suing Li. No one will ever be able to collect but a lien can be placed on their assets if a judge knew the scams they have pulled. They should take that car and the new one and pay bills with it. We will never see our share of it either. Just sickening isn't it. He has to have made a criminal mistake somewhere along the line. Hope he gets his in the end.
Now he has a new set of investors to scam!!!!!!! in California
What is this WE? Webhave no claim against them. All the money they got was grant and riverboat money. Do you understand how either work? Neither has to be paid back. So WE have no claim. Pull your head out of your butt already.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Carmel, IN

#12 Jun 13, 2013
Reason they failed is that the local police union voted to go with Chrysler cars instead of carbon motors. The union more or less went with Chrysler to bump up its profits and make Obama look good. We have no real Police dept anymore It also is controlled by thug unions. Why don't more cops walk the beat as in foot patrol. That's why many inner city neighborhoods are crime ridden, No cops unless a shooting or murder happens. There is other crime that happens aside from murder and shootings, It's called vandalism, graffiti , rape, robberies. It's time to put the cops by on their feet on the beat Get them out of those police cars and off those bikes and horses and let them mingle in those inner city neighborhoods and know who lives in them. You would see far less crime if we had cops walking around daily and nightly in those neighborhoods . criminals run even when they see a cop car drive down a street especially if they are smoking dope or rolling it on the front porch .People in many inner city neighborhoods do feel neglected by the city and police because when you need them where are they? we shouldn't have to call for help, they as in the police should already be there to help and watch and react. I get tired of that saying. We'll they can't be in every place all the time. It's pretty bad when the guardian angels do better policing than our own police force we pay for.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Carmel, IN

#13 Jun 13, 2013
you wouldn't have gangs hanging on every street corner either if cops walked the beat daily and nightly , o9u wouldn't have rapist raping a woman like one did downtown between a trash dumpster as someone called the police to report a woman being raped, Cops showed up , The 54 year old black man was still raping the women who was just waking up from where he knocked her out. That could had been prevented say if enough cops were walking the beat in that downtown neighborhood, We have video cameras all over the place now. What good are they/ They are there just to try and scare criminals off. They aren't working, Sure didn't stop the thugs on the Monon Trail from raping robbing and killing people.City wants to save gas and do something for the health of it's police force, Get them walking the beat now!!!I would only have a very small amount in police cars to respond to real emergencies , The rest would be on foot always.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jun 13, 2013
The Ultimate Kaptoz wrote:
Reason they failed is that the local police union voted to go with Chrysler cars instead of carbon motors. The union more or less went with Chrysler to bump up its profits and make Obama look good.
There is not a hint of truth in that statement. If IMPD and 100 other police departments would have ordered a whole fleet of vehicles from Carbon Motors the company might have had a chance to survive. There are two reasons that the company could not secure those orders and it has nothing to do with a conspiracy by police unions to aid Obama.

First and foremost no sane person pays $40,000 to $60,000 each for a whole fleet of vehicles from a company which has yet to successfully make a single one.

Secondly, municipal budgets are being strained from coast to coast. There are plenty of officers out there driving patrol cars with 200k + miles on them because there's no money for replacements. Carbon Motors was priced for the champagne market at a time when their customers could barely afford beer.
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 13, 2013
You know who wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this WE? Webhave no claim against them. All the money they got was grant and riverboat money. Do you understand how either work? Neither has to be paid back. So WE have no claim. Pull your head out of your butt already.
It's called tax dollars, moron.
country

Richmond, IN

#16 Jun 13, 2013
realy shocking there was no way gm ford Chrysler going to let carbon motors beat then with there billions I told my wife that the day they pick cville and iam not smart
You know who

United States

#17 Jun 13, 2013
Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called tax dollars, moron.
And your point? Tax dollars or not. The money was given as grants so it does not have to be repaid therefore there is no claim. You stupid uneducated moron.
Opec

Connersville, IN

#18 Jun 13, 2013
I never trusted them from day one.. Did they come get here as illegal immigrants.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#19 Jun 13, 2013
You know who wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me to get my head out of my butt. You were probably one of those ones who went to the old Visteon building waving your little flag and wearing a Carbon Motors shirt and fell for it all. I am not sure there is no claim that can be filed. You must be one of Urban's buttplugs huh. There was only one reason your post was so mean and that was you are or were part of the whole scam yourself.
Listen I am so dumb hahaha that why don't you explain how the thing works you know the whole scam if you can do that smart ass. Were you part of it??? How much did you get????
You know who

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2013
indycorvette wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me to get my head out of my butt. You were probably one of those ones who went to the old Visteon building waving your little flag and wearing a Carbon Motors shirt and fell for it all. I am not sure there is no claim that can be filed. You must be one of Urban's buttplugs huh. There was only one reason your post was so mean and that was you are or were part of the whole scam yourself.
Listen I am so dumb hahaha that why don't you explain how the thing works you know the whole scam if you can do that smart ass. Were you part of it??? How much did you get????
My post was mean for one reason you ignorant a$$. That reason being you are a fool and an idiot. There is no claim that can be filed with the court for grant money. It is given knowing the business, whatever it may be, could fail. Grants are also money given that is given knowing there is no repayment expected, demanded ever. Even dumba$$ Urban knows that which is why he told the Pal Item the city has moved on and is looking for new buyers for the building. You love coming on here acting all smart but all you ever do is show how stupid you are. So stay in your poop brown house with the blue tarp on the roof lowering property values and STFU already. It is obvious you are a clueless fat hag.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#23 Jun 13, 2013
Jewsuck wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let her fool you guys. I saw her at the celebration at the old Visteon building holding her welcome sign.
I was not there and would never have even gone there

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#24 Jun 13, 2013
You know who wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was mean for one reason you ignorant a$$. That reason being you are a fool and an idiot. There is no claim that can be filed with the court for grant money. It is given knowing the business, whatever it may be, could fail. Grants are also money given that is given knowing there is no repayment expected, demanded ever. Even dumba$$ Urban knows that which is why he told the Pal Item the city has moved on and is looking for new buyers for the building. You love coming on here acting all smart but all you ever do is show how stupid you are. So stay in your poop brown house with the blue tarp on the roof lowering property values and STFU already. It is obvious you are a clueless fat hag.
YEP guess you are one of Urbans buttplugs for sure.
Now about my roof I have to wait on the roofer to get finished with others before he can fix mine. Gee you sure pay attention to things that aren't your business don't you asshole??
The only property values around here that are lowered is Lester Rose's properties( another Urban buttplug) I bet you are his fucked up daughter or son Right???? I am getting a new roof do you want to pay for it since you are so concerned??? What a dumbass you are.
By the way I am not fat anymore LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Economics News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard Sat Frank 1
Free Press bankruptcy truth squad on alert with... (Jan '14) Dec 21 reality is a crutch 4
4 indicted in West Virginia chemical spill case Dec 17 carlos ross 2
Yatseniuk Urges International Donor Conference Dec 15 Zeppelin 1
UPDATE 3-Ukrainian PM warns of default risk, ca... Dec 15 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
Mich. governor OKs ending Detroit's emergency s... Dec 10 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web