Bankrupt Kodak to sell film division

Aug 24, 2012 Full story: Post and Courier 15

Eastman Kodak - once one of the world's best-known brands, now bankrupt and struggling to compete - is putting its film divisions up for sale.

Full Story
blackadder

Preston, UK

#1 Aug 24, 2012
Tony Perez "Changing the shape of Kodak" ?
To a nano level I expect , as the chief architect of doom
George Eastland

Tully, NY

#2 Aug 25, 2012
They won't last 2 years as a printing company without the revenues from document imaging and film.
Bart

Rochester, NY

#3 Aug 25, 2012
This is insane. A printing company? What a joke. As long as Antonio is in charge the place will have no future.
cel

Iowa City, IA

#4 Aug 26, 2012
if a change of ceo comes about
the pps will soar

Since: Aug 12

Corning, NY

#5 Aug 30, 2012
As a former Kodaker, I'm apalled at the bonus's being given to the Upper tier of managerswith nothing going to the workers. I'm glad I left! I feel for my former co-workers who are going through such stressful times. What is going to happen to Rochester film op's? Has any one from Kodak heard? Are people being offered a severance package?
keep it with Kodak

Europe

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Being a worker at Kodak I feel sad at the way we are being used until we are sold down the river.Curtailed pensions , redundancy and lied to by managers. This was a great company to work for once with excellent employees and products second to none.
blackadder

Preston, UK

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Boo14623 wrote:
500 million for the Patents tops. When the announcement comes out its over for Kodak. That is why the delay. They are planning the next move on the Costa Concordia. For sure its going to sink, its just how fast it will go down. The Capitan of Kodak is as crazy as the Costa Concordia's captain. Both should have never been but in command.
The BIG question is WHO allowed the incompetent CEO and others to stay at the helm for so long
I smell a conspiracy story developing !

Corning, NY

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Isn't that a function of the B.O.D? Share holders can't vote a CEO out if the CEO refuses to go.

I smell a conspiracy of a select few to plunder EK for all they can get. To hell with everyone else.
blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIG question is WHO allowed the incompetent CEO and others to stay at the helm for so long
George Eastland

Penfield, NY

#11 Sep 6, 2012
@comppro19, you may be right about liquidation. Maybe the film business and document imaging are the beginning of the liquidation. Let's face it, they are probably the only units they could get any money for. Who in their right minds would buy the consumer printer group?

If this was the beginning of liquidation, the last person that would tell you that is Tony Perez. I'm sure he is still saying: "The transformation is on track, Kodak will be a profitable company in 2011."
96 grad

Pittsford, NY

#12 Sep 8, 2012
Retired in 96 after 40 yrs. Great Company, Workers,Benefits,Products,Serv ices and along came the HP guys. Perez/Faraci, what a discrace!! Take it all boys,your next life won't be so smooth!!
George Eastland

Penfield, NY

#14 Sep 11, 2012
So here is another "Kodak Moment"....

They decide to "sell" the film division but keep film production. Who in their right mind would "buy" the film division knowing that their supplier is in Chapter 11 and selling of assets so they can stay a float?

Does this make any sense? I guess it does when you remember that Tony Perez is at the helm!
dave

Irvington, VA

#15 Sep 13, 2012
The kiosk side of the biz is very lucrative. If a buyer could dump the wet labs it would be a very profitable business with thousands of kiosks in Targets and CVS already in place.
It's not just film going away, it's photochemicals too.

Corning, NY

#16 Sep 14, 2012
They have already sold their photochemicals manufacturing division. The last I knew it was owned by a Candian Company. I'm not sure about the processsing labs. They might be wanting to keep film production for motion picture.
INCREDULO

Peru

#18 Sep 21, 2012
blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
AS a former Kodak employee, I think many middle managers did not have the courage to tell to Rochester that they were wrong, to keep his seat....
dave

Locust Hill, VA

#19 Oct 3, 2012
I think you have hit the proverbial nail directly on the head.
Neal of old PQS wrote:
Isn't that a function of the B.O.D? Share holders can't vote a CEO out if the CEO refuses to go.
I smell a conspiracy of a select few to plunder EK for all they can get. To hell with everyone else.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Economics News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard Sat Frank 1
Free Press bankruptcy truth squad on alert with... (Jan '14) Dec 21 reality is a crutch 4
4 indicted in West Virginia chemical spill case Dec 17 carlos ross 2
Yatseniuk Urges International Donor Conference Dec 15 Zeppelin 1
UPDATE 3-Ukrainian PM warns of default risk, ca... Dec 15 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
Mich. governor OKs ending Detroit's emergency s... Dec 10 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web