American-US Airways merger announcement expected on Thursday

Feb 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Miami Herald

A potential merger deal between American Airlines and US Airways remained in a holding pattern Monday, with an announcement possible Thursday, sources said Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mr Jim Little it is time to make the ex twa employees whole with the company seniority american gave them given the fact stl was cut from a hub to a fraction of what it used to be and u changed the contract to not allow twa employees furlowed in stl or 25% stations their exit senority as every other twu employee is we are in same union pay same dues treat us the same DO THE RIGHT THING BE A LEADER KEEP YOUR WORD!

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

tim wrote:
Mr Jim Little it is time to make the ex twa employees whole with the company seniority american gave them given the fact stl was cut from a hub to a fraction of what it used to be and u changed the contract to not allow twa employees furlowed in stl or 25% stations their exit senority as every other twu employee is we are in same union pay same dues treat us the same DO THE RIGHT THING BE A LEADER KEEP YOUR WORD!
Jim Little is great in front of the media at a mic.. He has a big mouth at rallies when he has a bull horn.... Based on what I saw with the AA BK preocedings, he is not so skilled at saving members jobs or protecting thier rights....That said. I expect to see both executive teams and BOD's to come out arm in arm or hand in hand on Valentnes day to announce thier new courtship while cupid flutters over head... I then expect the IAM and TWU go get into a huge promise match to see who wins the ramp and mechanics at the new AA.
Lenski

Merrick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Screw the TWU and the IAM.......New Company.....New Union.........Go Teamsters!
dirtydog

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

What AMFA will not be there?
jose manuel

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Staple All US Air Employees on The Bottom...Just Above the x TWA Employees...
Katy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I'm so sick of people comparing TWA with US Airways!!!! For the last time people-AA did NOT merge with TWA!!! Again-AA did NOT merge with TWA. US Airways and American ARE indeed merging. It is two completely different situations and workers can expect different outcomes in each scenario!!!!! So PLEASE stop comparing the two as if they are the same!!!!!!!!

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Katy wrote:
I'm so sick of people comparing TWA with US Airways!!!! For the last time people-AA did NOT merge with TWA!!! Again-AA did NOT merge with TWA. US Airways and American ARE indeed merging. It is two completely different situations and workers can expect different outcomes in each scenario!!!!! So PLEASE stop comparing the two as if they are the same!!!!!!!!
That's correct.. AA bought TWA in BK knowing to buy the whole would be cheaper overall then getting into a bidding war for the good parts.. That's why most if not all of the TW metal is gone. STL is a fraction of what it was, and most of the people kicked to the curb.. AA saved what it wanted, a few routes and dumped the rest.... That won't happen with a MERGE... There will be some cuts for the sake of duplication and profitablity, but not that much

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Prost wrote:
<quoted text>That's correct.. AA bought TWA in BK knowing to buy the whole would be cheaper overall then getting into a bidding war for the good parts.. That's why most if not all of the TW metal is gone. STL is a fraction of what it was, and most of the people kicked to the curb.. AA saved what it wanted, a few routes and dumped the rest.... That won't happen with a MERGE... There will be some cuts for the sake of duplication and profitablity, but not that much
PROST:

"There will be some cuts for the sake of duplication and profitablity, but not that much"

We'll see, won't we.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

There is duplication in any route system. It's the nature of the game.. There will be cuts. But it is no where near the NW/Republic merger. They were both MSP based... Thank You Elizabeth Dole. The biggest cuts will come from HQ since that is where most of the duplication is.. but since the airlines have to run seperate for a year or so few cuts will be immediate.
nats

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Big cuts and transfers in PHX in the future.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

nats wrote:
Big cuts and transfers in PHX in the future.
The difference this time is the small entity grabbed the big one.... If AA and it's 1st to worst managemnt team was still around I see them shrinking PHL, CLT and PHX big time.. But this is a different story. Naturally any party wanting something to pass government strutiny will tell you things will stay in tact. You don't want various congressmen whose districts you are about to shreded against you. That said AA has turned into a feeder airline for it's OneWorld partners. It's international flying isn't global in reach as a single entity. PHX makes an excellent west coast feeder hub. LAX expansion is a pipe dream.. That is a very confined airport. Not alot of room for major expansion.... We will see if Doug Parker is an agressive NIMBY CEO, or if he watches as the JetBlues and Virgin Americas of the industry come in and take his routres and market share.
Airline freak

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Agree LAX is not expandable except to buy smaller carriers who have decent number of gates, such as AS. Anyone smell DL buying AS in the future?
Nic

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Thanks god we are getting rid of call sign (Cat Piss, Cat fish,or Cactus) It worth giving of money.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Airline freak wrote:
Agree LAX is not expandable except to buy smaller carriers who have decent number of gates, such as AS. Anyone smell DL buying AS in the future?
I honestly thought AA would it a few years back. They needed to enhance thier west coast presence again. AirCal and Reno Air routes wound up getting surrendered to SW and HP.. Now with the US/AA Merger they get the routes back... Someone will go after AS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••