Ecuador Resumes Communication Bill Debate

Jan 9, 2010 Full story: Prensa Latina

Quito, Jan 5 The Ecuadorian National Assembly will resume on Tuesday the first debate on the Comunication Bill, stopped in December, due to disorders by members of the authority opposed to the sanctions to Teleamazonas channel and La Voz de Arutam radio station.

Full Story
latino_gringo

Guayaquil, Ecuador

#1 Jan 9, 2010
What 'great social upset' are they talking about in the news article??? This bill was prompted by Correa is sensor ANY radio station, newspaper, or other media that disagrees with his policies. I am willing to bet that 'freedom of speech' will become limited, and he will still have to power to do as he pleases, if he sees, reads, or hears ANYTHING that is against HIS AGENDA!

I guess him and Hugo were twins separated at birth, as whatever Hugo does, lapdog Correa does!
Mushurita

Loja, Ecuador

#2 May 22, 2012
You donīt need to be a university professor to critically think those big headlines and question if they are following the path of the truth. It is easy to figure out what the fourth power (the media) is cooking now in Ecuador. Of course they are so used to publish whatever they want, not to say they are used to approve or disapprove governments, that thinking they will be having to be confined to work within the law, must be very frustrating for them. Ha-ha... their discourse is always the same: "he copies Chavez"...no way, that is just BS.
The media corporations are furious at Correa because he is the only one with the guts to do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pichincha, Ecuador Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tales from Ecuador (May '14) May '14 antalya bayan esc... 2
Ministers award Jose Almeida Martin Luther King... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Betty Wood 2
Elian Gonzalez slams U.S. embargo against Cuba (Dec '13) Dec '13 CherokeeMojonMaricon 6
Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba si... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dr Lifzhitz 13
Some cool travel websites and apps (Oct '13) Oct '13 Athulya 1
Canada spied on Brazil energy ministry: report (Oct '13) Oct '13 World 1
Ecuador's congress Oks oil drilling in Amazon park (Oct '13) Oct '13 World 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:11 am PST