Correa blasts 'imperialism' over aid efforts in Haiti trip

Jan 31, 2010 Full story: The Peninsula

QUITO: Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa criticised 'imperialism' in aid efforts in Haiti during a visit to the stricken nation yesterday, echoing criticism leveled by other leftist Latin American leaders.

Full Story
Su Gente

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#1 Feb 15, 2010
Dictators will use any situation, even a truly sad situation as this earthquake in Haiti, to spout their asinine nonsense. Luckily the people know that without this aid there would be an even greater disaster. And when the rain comes to Haiti they will need even more help. And, believe it or not, if Ecuador ever suffered such a disaster Correa knows the "imperialists" will be there with tons of help. Es verdad.

Since: Jan 10

Guayaquil, Ecuador

#2 Feb 17, 2010
Funny isn't it? US citizens donated over 3 BILLION DOLLARS, while the entire CONTINENT of South America is helping with $300 Million!

Last time I checked, the US military was providing a lot of FREE help, in construction equipment, handing out food etc. Most of the organizations that are there are the Red Cross, the UN, Bill Gates, Microsoft, has donated a lot of money to help also. Hugo and Hugo;s lapdog Raffy are talking BS. I have no idea what they think their BS is going to gain them.

Last week, 200-250,000 people, marched against the Correa government, but Correa left for Cuba the day of the protest march. Might give you some idea where him and his family might be living after we WAKE UP here, and kick his sorry ass out of Ecuador!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pichincha, Ecuador Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tales from Ecuador May '14 antalya bayan esc... 2
Ministers award Jose Almeida Martin Luther King... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Betty Wood 2
Elian Gonzalez slams U.S. embargo against Cuba (Dec '13) Dec '13 CherokeeMojonMaricon 6
Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba si... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dr Lifzhitz 13
Some cool travel websites and apps (Oct '13) Oct '13 Athulya 1
Canada spied on Brazil energy ministry: report (Oct '13) Oct '13 World 1
Ecuador's congress Oks oil drilling in Amazon park (Oct '13) Oct '13 World 1

Pichincha, Ecuador People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE