Ecuador disco fire kills at least 14
“We couldn't save anyone because everything was steam and thick smoke. It was really hot”
Flames started by fireworks swept through a nightclub in Ecuador's capital on Saturday, killing at least 14 people who were unable to escape through the club's padlocked doors, a fire official said. Sixteen people were injured.
About 300 people were attending an afternoon event at the 'Factory' club in southern Quito when someone lit fireworks, sending sparks upward that ignited material on the ceiling, Quito Fire Chief Jaime Benalcazar told The Associated Press.
'The exit doors were closed and padlocked,' he said. People were trapped inside. Read more
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.
#3 Apr 20, 2008
Hasn't the world learned anything from Great White? Fireworks in a club = really bad idea.
#4 Apr 21, 2008
Sounds like what happens near oil refinery in northwest PA when we need sleep and a cat comes into the city -- fireworks. [in Stuart, FL]
Add your comments below
|The Ethical City: an Idea Whose Time Has Come||Jan '16||Library Card||1|
|Tales from Ecuador (May '14)||Dec '14||Bodrum Escort||3|
|Ministers award Jose Almeida Martin Luther King... (Jan '14)||Jan '14||Betty Wood||2|
|Elian Gonzalez slams U.S. embargo against Cuba (Dec '13)||Dec '13||CherokeeMojonMaricon||6|
|Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba si... (Dec '13)||Dec '13||Dr Lifzhitz||13|
|Some cool travel websites and apps (Oct '13)||Oct '13||Athulya||1|
|Canada spied on Brazil energy ministry: report (Oct '13)||Oct '13||World||1|
Find what you want!
Search Pichincha, Ecuador Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC