Surgery at Mather saves Ecuadoran woman

Full story: Newsday 14
Tatiana Franco-Rosero of Guayaquil, Ecuador, was told last year by doctors in her homeland that she would have only about a year to live. Full Story
Joey

Ridge, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2008
I wish Tatiana well...but how many tax-paying United States "CITIZENS" need medical help to save their lives??? Charity should begin at home!!!
Sharon in Lindenhurst NY

Rockville Centre, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2008
This BS needs to stop.....I'm sick of these third world jerks getting everything free on American (my) tax-dollars....Aren't there any doctors or surgeons in Ecuador or neighboring countries ?????? Why don't these people head to Argentina or other S.American countries - there are no doctors or surgeons in that direction ?
DEPORT

Norwich, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2008
How many USA citizens, have no medical insh, have huge judgements on them, from these medical institutions, or just plain go away, go home to flucking die, How many USA citizens, have chosen just to die, no medical, so they will not burden there families with financial debt, we are a country of bleeding hearts, but not for our own. The medical system in this country is a joke really screwed up!
Former LIer - now upstate

Oakland, NJ

#6 Feb 23, 2008
Where does it say any government agency is paying for this? The services were DONATED by the doctors and a non-profit, not taxpayers.

It's heartwarming to see that some Americans can give to others. Too bad so many of the Newsday posters are such Scrooges.
Joey

Ridge, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2008
Former LIer - now upstate wrote:
Where does it say any government agency is paying for this? The services were DONATED by the doctors and a non-profit, not taxpayers.
It's heartwarming to see that some Americans can give to others. Too bad so many of the Newsday posters are such Scrooges.
You should have moved south...south of the border!!! Take care of "OUR" own!!!
jon

Teaneck, NJ

#9 Feb 23, 2008
sick an tired of these third world cretins getting free medical america has a health care program,you just cant be born here!
LOGIC

Pleasantville, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2008
.........AND OUR RETURNING TROOPS HAVE TO HAVE FUNDRAISERS TO PAY FOR THEIR ARTFICIAL LIMBS. SAD.
VanillaBean in the sun

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2008
DEPORT wrote:
How many USA citizens, have no medical insh, have huge judgements on them, from these medical institutions, or just plain go away, go home to flucking die, How many USA citizens, have chosen just to die, no medical, so they will not burden there families with financial debt, we are a country of bleeding hearts, but not for our own. The medical system in this country is a joke really screwed up!
And people always say "I don't go to church,there's too many hipocrites there".

I've got news for you. Hipocrites are EVERYWHERE. And this is an example.

God help us.
VanillaBean in the sun

United States

#12 Feb 23, 2008
LOGIC wrote:
.........AND OUR RETURNING TROOPS HAVE TO HAVE FUNDRAISERS TO PAY FOR THEIR ARTFICIAL LIMBS. SAD.
What is up with this? This only encourages people to think everything is free for them here.

How about ministering to American citizens for a change doctors?
VanillaBean in the sun

United States

#13 Feb 23, 2008
exactly wrote:
Free my Hiney hole!!! We the taxpayers payed for it!
And the "non-profit" BS group that did the work are nothing but a bunch of wealthy doctors looking for tax write offs!!!!!
If it were me or anyone else in my family or on my block we would have had to pay!!!!
WHAT a BUNCH Of bull feces, Newsday has some nerve printing this not thinking they were not going to piss people off. Now how about some REAL news stories.
I don't know about you, but for me, it doesn't get any realer than this.
VanillaBean in the sun

United States

#14 Feb 23, 2008
Former LIer - now upstate wrote:
You are missing something here. Scrooge was RICH.

Many American citizens are hurting financially and medically.

Do you seriously believe that no taxpayer money was spent on this?

I don't understand people like you. You have compassion on everyone but U. S. American citizens. WHY IS THAT?
Tired and Pissed

Stormville, NY

#16 Feb 24, 2008
I am ecstatice that she is well and that she will be around for her two children. My questions is Why aren't these doctors looking to places here at home that look like war torn 3rd world countries and AMERICAN women and men are being burried by their 10 year olds. What the hell is going on here. I am so sick of this country being given away to the foreign Fix what is broken here first and then try to help those ourside that are in need. We here in the U.S. cannot afford medical coverage but you are taking your knowledge elswhere. It is times like this that I feel as Mrs. Obama, you cannot be proud of a country that is not taking care of it's own first but insists on sending off its children to die someplace else. People lets get it together, we are never going to be the country that are fathers fought for. This is all so sickening. Please don't miscontrue this a me being someone who doesn't give a crap, i feel ALL people should have some kind of medical insurance but if Americans can't afford it why not give the free coverage to them first. thanks you
Tired and Pissed

Stormville, NY

#17 Feb 24, 2008
This is in response to former "LI-er now upstate" I think you have it all wrong, we are not scrooges. where the hell have you been for the past couple of years, with all the news regarding medical coverage for American citizens. I am really happy for this woman I Thank God that she is going to be around for her children. maybe you don't need medical coverage, I would thank God for that, but as a federal employee if i want to retire with medical coverage i have to take medical insurance for 5 years whether i need it or not, Thank God i don't, So why should I have to pay for something i don't need right now in order to have it later on. Don't call me a scrooge until you walk a mile in my shoes, Americans are a giving people and i am sure as pissed as we all are we are happy for this woman what we are saying is that, Quoting Oey "Charity Begins At Home".
FYI

Falls Church, VA

#18 Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, and while we're at it-there are hundreds of doctors and dentists who have reneged on their med school loans. I'm not talking about ones who are just out of school. Ones who have been in practice for years and can easily start paying back. Think these clowns should be made to take on uninsured patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guayas, Ecuador Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Savor the flavors of South Florida at Doral's S... (Dec '13) Dec '13 WE JUST DONT CARE 30
Ecuador Tour Focusing on Retirement Planning An... (Nov '13) Dec '13 margaret 2
An undocumented immigrant's plea to pursue the ... (Apr '13) May '13 sba131 26
Assange: Nations condemn UK threat (Aug '12) Apr '13 FREE JULIAN ASSA... 6
Ecuador leader heavily favored to win re-election (Feb '13) Feb '13 edju 8
Ecuador's Hugo Chavez (Feb '13) Feb '13 edju 1
Ecuador officials reject donkey as candidate (Nov '12) Nov '12 Donkey Estonkey 14

Guayas, Ecuador People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:17 pm PST