Ecuadorian monument not representative

Dec 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Evergreen (Pullman)

Just before the roundabout getting off the highway to Samborondon, the section of Guayaquil where I live, there is a wonderful work of art, the Nature and Everyday Life Monument , which depicts the four natural elements depicted by four friends.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2010
jose

Ecuador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

It's wonderful you have come to Ecuador to stand up for the poor Ecuatorians. First, shouldn't you move out of that expensive barrio you are living in and start eating lentals and rice every meal so you can get a better understanding of poverty. No more expensive Spanish classes paid for by mom and dad back in the motherland either. Working in a small cafe for 80 dollars a month should be enough for a real crusader like yourself. Then when you return home and take your place in the corporate world you can brag to your friends about how you changed Ecuatorians into proud people.
Jim

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

jose wrote:
It's wonderful you have come to Ecuador to stand up for the poor Ecuatorians. First, shouldn't you move out of that expensive barrio you are living in and start eating lentals and rice every meal so you can get a better understanding of poverty. No more expensive Spanish classes paid for by mom and dad back in the motherland either. Working in a small cafe for 80 dollars a month should be enough for a real crusader like yourself. Then when you return home and take your place in the corporate world you can brag to your friends about how you changed Ecuatorians into proud people.
I see the arrogance as well, it amazes me how people who bring on change. Sounds kinda like a President in US. IT is working well :) Why is it everybody has to make a difference, when in reality all they do is go on an extended vacation. I am a blue collar worker, and can not stand the self rightous arrogant corporate, nor govermental people who feel they know whats best for me. Goverment works for the people, People control goverment, not other way around. Peace Love and Harmony, first you need to choose the blue pill or the red one...... fewls Liga D Quito campions
CM3 Vargas Gustavo

Quito, Ecuador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Bla Bla Bla, another one tha just talk!!!
I used to live in Montaņita Ecuador , and I had the pleasure to meet with so many people from all over the wold, good and bad people who just wanted to have an oportunity to talk about my country, but just talk, because they never do anything!!!! just by pass here drop their garbage and wait to some one else to pick it up ,,,,,critics...bad one that is how I call them. and if you are in my country por que no escribes en espaņol!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Guayas, Ecuador Discussions

Search the Guayas, Ecuador Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Savor the flavors of South Florida at Doral's S... (Dec '13) Dec '13 WE JUST DONT CARE 30
Ecuador Tour Focusing on Retirement Planning An... (Nov '13) Dec '13 margaret 2
An undocumented immigrant's plea to pursue the ... (Apr '13) May '13 sba131 26
Assange: Nations condemn UK threat (Aug '12) Apr '13 FREE JULIAN ASSANGE 6
Ecuador leader heavily favored to win re-election (Feb '13) Feb '13 edju 8
Ecuador's Hugo Chavez (Feb '13) Feb '13 edju 1
Ecuador officials reject donkey as candidate (Nov '12) Nov '12 Donkey Estonkey 14
•••
•••