ENGLISH PDF: http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/upload/SPC_PIL...
You can navigate to the Prescription Information document yourself from their web site.
1. Go the web site of Läkemedelsverket (Medical Products Agency in english): http://www.lakemedelsverket.se
2. Make sure you are viewing the Swedish version of the web site (and not the English version). Press the Swedish flag (to the right of "Contact us" text) to get to the Swedish version of the web site.
3. Press "Hälso- & Sjukvård" on the left side.
4. Press "Sök läkemedelsfakta" on the left side.
5. Press "Humanläkemedel A-Ö" on the right side.
6. Press the letter "P" (for Propecia).
7. Search the web page for "Propecia film-coated tablet ENG -publicerad: 2008-10-20", and you will find the document.
And you can actually get to the Swedish version of the Presciption Information from Merck Sharp & Dohme's (MSDs) Swedish web site too.
1. Go to: http://www.msd.se
2. Press "Våra läkemedel" on the top of the web page.
3. Press the "För patienter" link to the right of Propecia.
4. You will now be directed to the Swedish version of the new Prescription Information.
1. FASS.se (The Swedish Medicines Information portal website) where the new prescribing info is hosted, is run by LIF.se, the Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- From LIF.se, talking about Fass.se:
"The Swedish Medicines Information portal on the Internet. On Fass.se you can find e.g. product information approved by the authorities, packages and prices."
- Read and download this PDF (official FASS brochure)- http://www.lif.se/cs/E_Handel/Dokument/56A574...
- From the above: "Fass provides only product information that is approved by the authorities no promotional texts or advertising."
- From page 5:
"Fass has been developed by the Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (LIF) in close cooperation with Swedens research based pharmaceutical industry.
...To provide a safe platform for medicines information in Sweden, four parties have formed a Private Public Partnership to establish a national repository for medical products available on the Swedish market. This is known as the National Medical Products Register (NMPR). The four parties are the Medical Products Agency, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Board, the National Corporation of Pharmacies and the Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (LIF). Data from NMPR is a part of Fass."
- About LIF -- The Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry http://www.lif.se/cs/default.asp...
"LIF is the trade association for the research-based pharmaceutical industry in Sweden. Through its membership of more than 60 pharmaceutical companies, LIF is the voice for the significance of the pharmaceutical industry for an efficient and modern medical care. LIF is also a service organization for the members and continuously informs them of developments which can influence the work conditions for their operations in Sweden."
2. The fact that Merck is linking from THEIR OWN WEBSITE (msd.se) to Fass.se tells us that they consider the new Propecia info legit, even if they haven't published it directly on msd.se and it's being hosted on fass.se.
Otherwise, they wouldn't post the link to fass.se, or use the "old" prescribing info.