100-year-old Scotch pulled from frozen crate

Full story: Daily Breeze
A crate of Scotch whisky that was trapped in Antarctic ice for a century was finally opened Friday - but the heritage dram won't be tasted by whisky lovers because it's being preserved for its historical significance. Full Story

“Just saying”

Since: Feb 09

Springfield, Il.

#1 Aug 13, 2010
AH Dammit, this is like showing a baby a piece of candy and telling them they can't have it. And to think they are going to put it back after they do their damn test. THis IS not RIGHT!!!!! I was wondering why they called it a NIMROD exhibition. Now I know. May a curse fall on all the bastards that touch those bottles and may it only be lifted by taking a shot of the scotch
BWF

Montebello, CA

#2 Aug 13, 2010
That Scotch should be enjoyed by some of the top world experts on the subject. It would be interesting to hear what they say.

“Just saying”

Since: Feb 09

Springfield, Il.

#3 Aug 13, 2010
LOL BWF, that would be me. I wouldn't even charge them for my time.
Neil Proffitt

Manhattan Beach, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Usually 750ml and litre bottles of liquor come 12 to a box. There's one "missing". Shackleton? The first mate? Cabin boy? Who's got it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scottish space whisky set to land on earth Sep 1 SpaceBlues 1
Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Aug 25 chelsea 15
Whisky's worries mirror economic fears in Scotland Aug 25 James 2
Keeping the world safe for miso soup and Brazil... Aug '14 Seed 1
Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Aug '14 justincase 200
How much is it worth??? (Jun '07) Jul '14 Caity 43
A fightingspirit Jun '14 Duke for Mayor 2
•••

Whiskey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••