100-year-old Scotch pulled from froze...

100-year-old Scotch pulled from frozen crate

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 13, 2010, titled 100-year-old Scotch pulled from frozen crate. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A crate of Scotch whisky that was trapped in Antarctic ice for a century was finally opened Friday - but the heritage dram won't be tasted by whisky lovers because it's being preserved for its historical significance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kojack

AOL

#1 Aug 13, 2010
Better than those sckers I had while doing my television show way back when by golly!
Joker

Baltimore, MD

#2 Aug 13, 2010
oops
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Aug 15, 2010
Why is this in the "Weird News" section? Sure, it's a bit unusual, but cold preserves things; it's not all that "weird" of a story. If they want to find weird news, just look at almost any story from Wisconsin.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#4 Aug 15, 2010
Bob wrote:
Why is this in the "Weird News" section? Sure, it's a bit unusual, but cold preserves things; it's not all that "weird" of a story. If they want to find weird news, just look at almost any story from Wisconsin.
The wierd part is they aren't going to drink it.
Snarky 1

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Just a wee dram is all I ask.
Golfer Dude

Britton, SD

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Just drink it already. Booze, no matter how old is the devils liquid. Drink it and go on a gang raping surge with all your buddies.

“Better he should think before”

Since: Jun 08

he shoots his mouth off......

#7 Aug 15, 2010
I believe 'aging' stops once the liquor is removed from the barrel. Once it is in the bottle/flask/jug/paper sack it is just hooch. Possibly excellent hooch, but it stopped aging over a century ago. Now it is just old whiskey.

But judging by its journey it is indeed rare whiskey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Sat amdrive 209
How much is it worth??? (Jun '07) Dec '16 EAH6945 49
News Southern Tier Distilling Company Celebrates Gra... Dec '16 Laszlow 1
Bond & Lillard 1967 (Sep '12) Nov '16 Mrusso70 15
News Back to bourbon making: Jim Beam workers OK con... Oct '16 LookAtMe 4
corby's whiskey (Oct '09) Oct '16 Ryan 46
News Fairfield County's Only Distillery Gives New Me... Oct '16 BPT 3
More from around the web