CALIFORNIA FOCUS - Legalized pot would be no panacea - Redwood Times

Full story: Redwood Times

There's a sense among a lot of Californians that legalizing marijuana and then taxing it is some sort of panacea that would solve many law enforcement problems, make it safer to smoke pot and also produce a tax bonanza of $1 billion or more per year.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 27, 2010
Ron Sanders

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

This is a very interesting subject. I wonder how it will all turn out...? Obviously, each faction involved in the marijuana issue is approaching it from the point of view of money money money. Otherwise, why even bother with it. So, who do you suppose is going to win? No matter which way the November election goes, I have a feeling that it won't settle anything. The great Marijuana War will go on like it always has. The longer the war goes on the more money is made by everbody involved. That's the way I see it.

Since: May 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

i think it might actually be bad for marijuana smokers if it's legalized because once weed is controlled and sold by the government prices will most likely rise...i beleive even if it's legalized there will still be plenty of people getting it like they have in the past..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whiskey Discussions

Search the Whiskey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How much is it worth??? (Jun '07) Jul 23 Caity 43
A fightingspirit Jun '14 Duke for Mayor 2
Live updates as Prince William and Kate Middlet... May '14 Critical 1
Bond & Lillard 1967 (Sep '12) May '14 Sassy 8
Craft Distilling In Pottstown: Manatawny Still ... May '14 Manatawny Still Works 1
Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Heist (Oct '13) Apr '14 Comeonnow 31
Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Apr '14 Tom 199
•••
•••