CALIFORNIA FOCUS - Legalized pot woul...

CALIFORNIA FOCUS - Legalized pot would be no panacea - Redwood Times

There are 2 comments on the Redwood Times story from May 6, 2010, titled CALIFORNIA FOCUS - Legalized pot would be no panacea - Redwood Times. In it, Redwood Times reports that:

There's a sense among a lot of Californians that legalizing marijuana and then taxing it is some sort of panacea that would solve many law enforcement problems, make it safer to smoke pot and also produce a tax bonanza of $1 billion or more per year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Redwood Times.

Ron Sanders

Manteca, CA

#1 May 8, 2010
This is a very interesting subject. I wonder how it will all turn out...? Obviously, each faction involved in the marijuana issue is approaching it from the point of view of money money money. Otherwise, why even bother with it. So, who do you suppose is going to win? No matter which way the November election goes, I have a feeling that it won't settle anything. The great Marijuana War will go on like it always has. The longer the war goes on the more money is made by everbody involved. That's the way I see it.

Since: May 10

United States

#2 May 27, 2010
i think it might actually be bad for marijuana smokers if it's legalized because once weed is controlled and sold by the government prices will most likely rise...i beleive even if it's legalized there will still be plenty of people getting it like they have in the past..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corby's whiskey (Oct '09) Jun '16 Mnguy 44
Bond & Lillard 1967 (Sep '12) May '16 Deby 14
News Alastair Blanda s Through the Hopvine: Distille... May '16 LUCY JANE 1
News Iowa distilleries fight for even playing field Apr '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Mar '16 wildisthewind 208
News Downtown distillery owners eyeing opening in mi... Mar '16 ron ward 21
News Sheriff who busted Popcorn Sutton talks Newport... (May '13) Jan '16 Machine 46
More from around the web