Warehouse roof at former distillery c...

Warehouse roof at former distillery collapses

There are 10 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Sep 22, 2010, titled Warehouse roof at former distillery collapses. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A portion of one of the Lebanon Valley's most historic landmarks was lost Wednesday afternoon when a warehouse at Michter's Distillery collapsed, scattering debris across a nearby road and into a farmer's field, a neighbor said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Supervisors

Lebanon, PA

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Imagine that...Fetter couldn't be reached for comment. He's just as speechless outside of the Township Building as he is inside.
Brewmaster

Lebanon, PA

#2 Sep 23, 2010
This bunch has their collective heads so far buried in the sand. They will not take a stand unless itís on to advance a persona; agenda, as in the case of removing a policeman. The owner of this property should be required to make it safe. The buildings and the grounds are deplorable. But, itís not next door to a supervisor, so out of sight, out of mind.
what

Middletown, PA

#3 Sep 23, 2010
I would love to open an microbrewery there. Yes, there is a growing market for that.
FSM

Lebanon, PA

#4 Sep 23, 2010
a microbrew or restoring it to a distillery would be great. Previous investors should have never left such a historic facility rot away. The only thing left to do is tear what's left down. From my understanding, all of the equipment is long gone, what's left is rotting buildings
FSM

Lebanon, PA

#5 Sep 23, 2010
Leb CO needs a brewery, I'm tired of driving to LBC or ABC for a good draft!
Old timer

Lancaster, PA

#6 Sep 23, 2010
They burried a lot of those jugs in that property there, them things are worth a pretty penny now. The problem is not cracking them with the shovel when you dig. They keep it quiet so that people don't go sticking their noses around. I have a good idea where they're burried.
carl

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2010
time to put the hammer on that owner just like they did at 501 and the gas depot

Dem Dimwit

Haddonfield, NJ

#8 Sep 23, 2010
what wrote:
I would love to open an microbrewery there. Yes, there is a growing market for that.
But you are the died-in-the-wool liberal, Senator Folmer bashing, democrat. You can't own, operate nor patronize a micro-brewery much less a bar. Everybody knows you pansy asses only drink white wine with your little finger sticking waaaaay out.
carl

United States

#9 Sep 23, 2010
Old timer wrote:
They burried a lot of those jugs in that property there, them things are worth a pretty penny now. The problem is not cracking them with the shovel when you dig. They keep it quiet so that people don't go sticking their noses around. I have a good idea where they're burried.
yep wooden barrels will hold up well buried underground.... keep dreaming
what

Middletown, PA

#10 Sep 24, 2010
Dem Dimwit wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are the died-in-the-wool liberal, Senator Folmer bashing, democrat. You can't own, operate nor patronize a micro-brewery much less a bar. Everybody knows you pansy asses only drink white wine with your little finger sticking waaaaay out.
I think you got the wrong guy. I could care less about politics, I'm talking BEER HERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Feb '17 amdrive 209
How much is it worth??? (Jun '07) Dec '16 EAH6945 49
News Southern Tier Distilling Company Celebrates Gra... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Laszlow 1
Bond & Lillard 1967 (Sep '12) Nov '16 Mrusso70 15
News Back to bourbon making: Jim Beam workers OK con... (Oct '16) Oct '16 LookAtMe 4
corby's whiskey (Oct '09) Oct '16 Ryan 46
News Fairfield County's Only Distillery Gives New Me... (Oct '16) Oct '16 BPT 3
More from around the web