New store in Gatlinburg to sell mountain whiskey in resort town

Full story: WREG 10
A Gatlinburg businessman says he'll be selling genuine mountain whiskey at a new store next month. Full Story
ads59

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Jun 11, 2010
hey joe, yall dont drink all of it... i want too put some in my hemi....
Copperhead

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 11, 2010
It ain't the real thing....trust me.
Earl Keese

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jun 11, 2010
while i wish the guy luck w/ his business, you're right.

it's not the real thing.
it's only 100 proof.

it's cool though that in this day and age of weenie azz political correctness and history washing/rewritting, that this goes a small way towards keeping a heritage from this region alive.
HLCunningham

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2010
Hmmmmmm,"a new Tennessee law", patience is a virtue, yes. What is next.
Copperhead

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jun 11, 2010
HLCunningham wrote:
Hmmmmmm,"a new Tennessee law", patience is a virtue, yes. What is next.
Legal Weed I hope!
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Better weed heads cruising down the mountain,than drunks.I wonder if there is/will be a limit purchase law.
Cost Cutter

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Jun 11, 2010
If weed is legalized state by state I sadly predict TN to be among the last. Just like the lottery was.

I heard that Tennessee's unofficial motto is "Thank God for Mississippi".
Copperhead wrote:
<quoted text>Legal Weed I hope!
well

United States

#8 Jun 12, 2010
whiskey is brown from being aged or just stored in fire charred barrels moonshine is white and not stored in a barrel unless ur making whiskey theres plenty of shine still shinning but we aint makin no whiskey and i dont believe we ever did make anymore whiskey than we did apple brandy or elderberry wine it just aint the way its ever been done in these parts unless it was one oldster that liked that charred oak barrel taste the rest of us couldnt wait and we just always shined fifty dollars a gallon and the blacks cant get enough of it in detroit we cant make it fast enough shine on east tennessee them revenuers are few and far between
Copperhead

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jun 12, 2010
Cost Cutter wrote:
If weed is legalized state by state I sadly predict TN to be among the last. Just like the lottery was.
I heard that Tennessee's unofficial motto is "Thank God for Mississippi".
<quoted text>
I'll grow regardless!.....But only for me.I hate a dealer.
doughesson

Lexington, TN

#10 Jun 15, 2010
When I lived in kentucky,I was able to buy legal taxed moonshine anytime I wanted.Good stuff,too.
Except for Sunday,of course but unlike so many people I dealt with when working in a liquor store or convenience store,I knew that if I wanted to drink on Sunday,I'd better buy it on Saturday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aberlour Single Malt Whisky is available in Mal... Sep 19 fallen 1
Scottish space whisky set to land on earth Sep 1 SpaceBlues 1
Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Aug 25 chelsea 15
Whisky's worries mirror economic fears in Scotland Aug 25 James 2
Keeping the world safe for miso soup and Brazil... Aug '14 Seed 1
Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Aug '14 justincase 200
How much is it worth??? (Jun '07) Jul '14 Caity 43
•••

Whiskey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••