Toby Keith Expands His Empire into th...

Toby Keith Expands His Empire into the Liquor Business with New Mezcal Offering

There are 8 comments on the WKDF-FM Nashville story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Toby Keith Expands His Empire into the Liquor Business with New Mezcal Offering. In it, WKDF-FM Nashville reports that:

Toby Keith is expanding his empire into the liquor business. He's set to launch his own line of Toby Keith Mezcal, called Wild Shot, next week with a party in Nashville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKDF-FM Nashville.

Sandra Pasco

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Mar 3, 2011
I cant wait for Tobys Tequila. I will be ordering
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#2 Mar 4, 2011
Sandra Pasco wrote:
I cant wait for Tobys Tequila. I will be ordering
I'll drink to that!!
rot gut toby keith

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2011
You boys can't drink good ol TN whiskey? Or Ky bourbon? He'd have to age this stuff 15 years or so to be good anyway.

Did he bottle this stuff in 1995? Doubt it.
Joe Friday

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 5, 2011
rot gut toby keith wrote:
You boys can't drink good ol TN whiskey? Or Ky bourbon? He'd have to age this stuff 15 years or so to be good anyway.
Did he bottle this stuff in 1995? Doubt it.
Tequila and mezcal are typically aged differently, usually no more than 3 years at the most. It takes much longer than that though to grow the agave plants that the tequila/mezczal is made from. Besides, he's not making it himself. He's importing it from a Mexican distiller and putting his name on it. Reqardless, Toby Keith is a douchebag, and even though I'm a huge fan of mezcal, I won't be buying anything with his name on it. And it's interesting to note that he has the same juvenile mentality about mezcal that many people do concerning the worm in the bottle. Most high quality mezcals don't contain the worm, as it's generally considered to be a parasite. And it won't "bring wondrous experiences", contrary to popular belief.
rot gut

United States

#5 Mar 5, 2011
Well you CAN drink whiskey only aged 3 years too if you're willing to buy the rot gut stuff. Pappy van Winkle and other top shelf stuff are aged over 20 years. Tequila unless its aged at least 15 years tastes like asorbine jr. But for a good Sat nite drunk Taaka vodka (3 dollars for a 5 gal bucket ) is as good as Pappy.(400 bucks for the oldest stuff)

But we both agree keith is a douche and we won't be buying his stuff. I'll stick with my corona and vodka and an occasional sip of Pappy.
Sarah lewis

United States

#6 Oct 30, 2012
It is so tasty. You will love it.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Toby should be getting royalities on every red Solo cup sold. No one else would have bothered to do a song about a plastic cup.
Johnny Walker

Hermitage, TN

#8 Nov 1, 2012
He's just another millionaire adding more millions to his wallet. Why would anyone consider him an expert in alcoholic beveridges and therefore buy anything from him?

He's part of the new wave of no-talent country music 'stars' that have absolutely no appeal other than to ppl who can't discern good music from bad.

Give me Waylon, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Tammy W, etc. This new wave, with a few exceptions, isn't country but rather some kind of weird mutant blend of bad pop and bad rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tequila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jennifer Aniston Planning Health-conscious Cook... Jun 27 Mayette de Guzman 2
News What To Drink (and Give) Now: Holiday Gifts for... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Wayne County executive election guide (Jul '14) Jul '14 Steve 7
News Agave plant to produce 1 and only bloom, then die (Jul '14) Jul '14 Shirvel s Shrivel 1
News Friday Open Threads: Where are Austin's Most Pe... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Joel 1
News Tequila Plant Sweetener May Aid Diabetes, Lose ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryan 1
News The Many Colors of CancAn (Mar '14) Mar '14 EdmondWA 4
More from around the web