Mary Thompson

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Has anyone tried the new weight loss tea called Pu-Erth. It's wonderful. I have been drinking it for 2 weeks now and have lost 7 Lbs. I was quite suprsed to find it does not make you go to the toliet. Its detoxs your body also. I managed to find it on the website www.Stayhealthyoz.com.au

Tasty too. I would love to hear what other people think of it....

“I work at gigp.com”

Since: Dec 06

WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2007

The best weight loss tea you can drink is green tea.
Anna@azerivista.com
teacrazy

Surry Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

hi - pu-erh tea has been enjoyed for thousands of years in China. You can get it in brick or leaf form. also called polee tea. green tea and oolong are good for weight loss, too. I enjoy the taste of pu-erh. I have a 30 year old pu-erh tea cake that I'm happily working my way through.
Vivi

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2007

I am taking capsulas with Pu Erh tea. I lost over 10 pounds in 11 days. This without doing any diet, but to the contrary. However I am doing research on it now, as I found myself being more sleepy since. It happened several times since I started to take it that I had to take a nap in the middle of the day.

Any suggestiong why is that?
Edith

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Vivi wrote:
I am taking capsulas with Pu Erh tea. I lost over 10 pounds in 11 days. This without doing any diet, but to the contrary. However I am doing research on it now, as I found myself being more sleepy since. It happened several times since I started to take it that I had to take a nap in the middle of the day.
Any suggestiong why is that?
Do you know where I can get these capsulas in Mexico?? Thanks!
jojo

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

Mary, I have just bought Pu Erth tea and was wondering how many times you drink the tea during the day.
sNanda

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Pu erh tea bags:
Can any body tell me how much it costs in USA and whre i can buy u erh in tea bags format?

Since: Sep 07

Livinsgton, Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

sNanda wrote:
Pu erh tea bags:
Can any body tell me how much it costs in USA and whre i can buy u erh in tea bags format?
I have never seen pu erh tea in bags. There is some that is lose leaf, but most of the better ones are in cake or brick form. I drink it a lot, and use a cup with a built in filter to make it. These cups make brewing loose leaf tea as simple as using tea bags.
Lino

Male, Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

Green Tea - A Very good fat burner. I have been using this for the last 6 months and it is simply great. If you like to read an article about green tea health benefits, visit www.green-tea.tk
Liz Craft

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Pu Erh or Oolong are exceptional weight loss teas. Oolong from the Wuyi region of China likely works best. Pu erh smells earthy, but a good pu erh will be incredibly smooth. My local tea shop, SensibiliTas ( www.sensibiliteasonline.com ) carries a really good pu erh called Immortal Nectar 1997. I lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks and my cholesterol went down too.(84 points!)
She doesn't have this tea on the website yet, but she accepts phone orders, email orders and mail orders. teasmith@sensibiliteasonline.c om
observer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

I must have seen this question a hundred time for the last month. Most of the advice are often on green tea. I have seen ocasional article about oolong tea having the same benefits. After all, oolong tea is light green tea so that is not so surprising. I often drink tea not for the weighloss benefits but for overall health potential. I do shredded a few ounces, not much but it's a bonus benefits. My humble advice is that if you drink tea and not pressured yourself too much on losing a certain amount of pounds right away, you will see little progress and you will feel much better.

sources
www.nature-healthy-tea.com/green-tea.com
Lino

Male, Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Green Tea - A Very good fat burner. I have been using this for the last 6 months and it is simply great. If you like to read an article about green tea health benefits, visit www.greentea4health.tk
Sixten

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

If you want to try some REALLY good pu-erh tea, go to www.emeyu.com . They have several types.
Tea Shop

Samara, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

I think GeenMelissa green tea with mint and a lemon will help from temperature. More at http://helenbooker.anycities.com/385089
Cherry

Pierrefonds, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

I just started drinking pu erh tea specifically for weight loss purposes....if I drink more would I lose the weight faster?

“Teafox.com”

Since: Feb 08

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

There have been many companies marketing Green Tea as a weight-loss supplement to consumers. On certain television shows and in news reports, one will hear about the power of green tea as a weight loss aid.
I don't disagree with all that is being said about it, but I would imagine, like many other things, that there is a certain amount of "Hype"; surrounding the benefits of green tea as a miracle weight loss wonder.
Some research (1) suggests that if the average person were to drink five cups of green tea a day, they would burn an extra 70 to 80 extra calories through an effect known as thermogenesis. This is the process of heat production in organisms.
While much of the thermogenesis effect in green tea is derived from caffeine, studies also suggest (2) that thermogenesis in green tea occurs to some degree beyond its caffeine content from epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG.)EGCG has also been found to be especially effective in lowering blood sugar and inhibiting the movement of glucose in fat cells.
The research suggests that if a person were to drink five cups of green tea per day and change nothing else, over the course of 43 days one could expect to lose 1 pound. So, in one year a person could expect to lose about 8 pounds.
As we can see, there is some correlation between green tea and weight loss, but it's not to the degree that many would have us believe.
If weight loss was the only claim that one could make about green tea, then we could probably leave it with all of the other passing weight loss fads, but there are a myriad of other reasons to drink green tea; Its health benefits are countless, it helps bring peace and clarity to our lives, it tastes delicious and it is certainly better for us than sugary soft drinks.

http://www.teafox.com

(1) Dulloo AG, Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans, Am J Clin Nutr 70:, 1999

(2) The Effects of Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate on Thermogenesis and Fat Oxidation in Obese Men: A Pilot Study Michael Boschmann, MD and Frank Thielecke, PhD. Universitary Medicine Berlin, Charit; Campus Buch, Franz Volhard Center for Clinical Research, and HELIOS Clinic Berlin. J Am Coll Nutr. 26 (4);. 2007

Since: Jul 08

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

For those who wants to loose weight fast,
try special herbal slimming teas like
Da Yin Xiang Jian Fei or Bishengyuan tea or similar.
They are natural and really effective.

Since: Jul 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Liz Craft wrote:
Pu Erh or Oolong are exceptional weight loss teas. Oolong from the Wuyi region of China likely works best. Pu erh smells earthy, but a good pu erh will be incredibly smooth. My local tea shop, SensibiliTas ( www.sensibiliteasonline.com ) carries a really good pu erh called Immortal Nectar 1997. I lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks and my cholesterol went down too.(84 points!)
She doesn't have this tea on the website yet, but she accepts phone orders, email orders and mail orders. teasmith@sensibiliteasonline.c om
Hi Liz and everybody -

I'm an editor with First For Women magazine. I’m looking for any woman who has lost weight with the help of tea, whether it be tea in her cooking, as a supplement, or tea-flavored craving quenchers. I’m looking to talk to anyone who sings the praises of tea as a diet aid!

If you fit this profile or know anyone else who might, please get in touch with me by e-mail: akuperinsky@bauerpublishing.co m

Thanks,

Amy
Eduardo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Genmai-cha is one of my favorites for the morning, the flavor is a little nutty and not to strong. For the afternoon I love Tattlers' green tea from Tattlers Teas its soooo good with a hint of vanilla and little citrus. I think their website is www.tattlersteas.com
cherry

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

stockton54 wrote:
For those who wants to loose weight fast,
try special herbal slimming teas like
Da Yin Xiang Jian Fei or Bishengyuan tea or similar.
They are natural and really effective.
I found quick show slimming tea really worked for me i bought it from htt://www.romanticlivesshop.co m
Weight Loss Tea Studies

If you’re like us, you’re majorly skeptical of marketing hype and unsubstantiated claims. Unfortunately, when it comes to tea, there’s a lot of just that. Diet pill makers and weight loss supplement companies everywhere promote tea (especially green tea) as a “weight loss miracle” that will allow you to effortlessly shed the pounds.

Are any of these claims backed by scientific proof? We made it our mission to find out. Fortunately for us, we didn’t have to look that hard as there have been a plethora of scientific and medical studies done on tea and weight loss. Let’s take a look at a few of the more important ones.
Weight Loss and Tea : Animal Studies

The majority of scientific studies are done on animals before proceeding to human tests. Of course one of the major drawbacks of animal testing (besides the pain caused to the animal) is that results vary between animals and humans. Still, animal studies are a good indicator of human results and remain an unfortunate part of science.

Animal Study #1
Lab mice of approximate age/weight were divided into five groups and fed a high-fat diet. One of the groups received green tea extract, another group received green tea extract and exercise, and the rest of the groups received varying levels of exercise with no green tea extract.

After 15 weeks of experimentation, researchers found that simply taking green tea extract alone caused a 47% reduction in body weight gain. The effect was greatly multiplied with exercise with a stunning 89% reduction in weight gain.

Study Conclusion: Green tea burns fat and is especially effective when combined with exercise.
View Study

Animal Study #2
To test the anti-obesity properties of green tea, a group of lab rats were given green tea instead of drinking water for three weeks. Scientists noted that green tea reduced the weight of the animals' fat tissue without any change in food or water intake. Tea also significantly reduced cholesterol and fatty acid levels.

Study Conclusion: Green tea promotes fat burning and reduces cholesterol
View Study

Animal Study #3
Lab rats and mice were put on high-fat diets, with some given the most abundant green tea catechin, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), in a pure form. The study showed for the first time that supplementation with EGCG,“influenced fat tissue” and abolished diet-induced obesity.”

Study Conclusion:“EGCG should be considered as a valuable natural treatment option for obesity.”
View Study
Weight Loss and Tea : Human Studies

Although there aren’t any long term studies about tea and weight loss, the studies that have been done are extremely promising.

Human Study #1
Thirty-eight healthy Japanese men were divided into two groups and fed the same diet. One group consumed a bottle of tea containing 690 mg catechin antioxidants per day. After 12 weeks, body weight, BMI, waist circumference, body fat mass, and subcutaneous fat area were significantly lower in the green tea extract group than in the control group.

Study Conclusion: Catechin antioxidants in green tea reduce body fat and help control obesity.
View Study

Human Study #2
Ten healthy Japanese men were randomly assigned to receive a dose of green tea extract plus caffeine, just caffeine, or a placebo. On the days the men received the dose of green tea extract plus caffeine, they expended significantly more energy and burned more calories than on the days they received just caffeine or placebo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tea Discussions

Search the Tea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MEDWATCH: This dieters' drink may not be your c... (Mar '07) Apr 11 Rida 132
Dim sum and Yum cha guide - Kuala Lumpur (Nov '12) Mar 28 Michelle 5
A Banana A Day Keeps The Acid Reflux At Bay (Mar '08) Mar 24 Renee R 20
Tea for more than two Mar 19 shykora paul ARTs 1
Coca tea for Energy and Vitamins (Apr '06) Mar '14 capt ken 13
Canada Dry releases green tea ginger ale drink (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kevin James 34
DIY: Homemade All-Natural Personal Care Product... Jan '14 ssoumia 1
•••
•••