Islay Blends
Mark Hurne

Rupert, VT

#1 Mar 4, 2007
Could anyone recommend some blended scotch that uses a fair amount of Islay single malt in it's blend? I enjoy Johnny Walker, of course, and I believe Passport may have some Islay.

Any suggestions you have would be great!

Since: Jun 07

Georgia

#2 Jun 27, 2007
I really enjoy the McClennand's version: http://www.mcclellands.co.uk/islay.aspx
PAspirit1

Conshohocken, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2007
That is the exact question I was googling to find out. I am looking for lower cost islay style whisky, blend or single malt AVALIABLE IN THE U.S. I really like JW Black, so I am finishing a bottle of the Red. It is lighter but similiar. I just bought the Mclellands but I hanen't opened it yet. I read White Horse has some Talisker. Maybe also Bowmore legend.
PAspirit1

Bear, DE

#4 Jul 1, 2007
PAspirit1 wrote:
That is the exact question I was googling to find out. I am looking for lower cost islay style whisky, blend or single malt AVALIABLE IN THE U.S. I really like JW Black, so I am finishing a bottle of the Red. It is lighter but similiar. I just bought the Mclellands but I hanen't opened it yet. I read White Horse has some Talisker. Maybe also Bowmore legend.
Also, if price is not an issue, Compass Box - The Peat Monster is peaty, smokey and good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scotch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Add Analog Watch Co. eco-friendly watches to yo... (Dec '14) Oct '15 Divid 2
News How this Japanese whisky became the world's best (Dec '14) Dec '14 Switches 48
Macallan Fine Oak 21 Year FOR SALE (May '13) Jun '13 Terry 3
Macallan Fine Oak 21 Year Scotch FOR SALE (May '13) May '13 naterizzle 1
News N. J. bars caught passing off dirty water, rubb... (May '13) May '13 Tipsy 2
News 6K gallons of Scotch accidentally flushed down ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Utica34 1
News 6K gallons of scotch accidentally flushed down ... (Feb '13) Mar '13 reality 4