Irish whiskey's newfound popularity

Irish whiskey's newfound popularity

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Irish whiskey's newfound popularity. In it, Newsday reports that:

Irish whiskey, the leprechaun of top-shelf spirits, is making mischief. Quality, variety and sales are up, as the fuel for Irish coffee, countless hot toddies and a very fine highball has turned neat for many ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#1 Mar 11, 2008
I love these articles; there's no day like St. Pats Day
NYY

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 11, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
with a few single malts and some cold ones. Happy St. Pat's Day

-BDIS-

“"Sure thing, giant beer!"”

Since: Jan 08

Sunnyside

#3 Mar 11, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
right there with ya..

drink up boys
Sine Metu

Kings Park, NY

#4 Mar 11, 2008
My ancestors came to America from Ireland in the mid-1850s. I've enjoyed reseaching and learning about my Irish heritage for decades, and have had the opportunity to travel to Ireland on several occasions. Since the mid-1960s, my whiskies of choice have been Jameson and Tullamore Dew ("Give every man his dew.") And before it was available here, I'd bring back a bottle of registered Midleton's from Ireland for special occasions. There is nothing like savoring some Irish whiskey either neat or over a few ice cubes on St. Patrick's Day or any day. Slante!
munchkin

Ireland

#6 Jun 30, 2008
can't beat the old tullamore dew. We're flting the irish flag and keep going strong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scotch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Add Analog Watch Co. eco-friendly watches to yo... (Dec '14) Oct '15 Divid 2
News How this Japanese whisky became the world's best (Dec '14) Dec '14 Switches 48
Macallan Fine Oak 21 Year FOR SALE (May '13) Jun '13 Terry 3
Macallan Fine Oak 21 Year Scotch FOR SALE (May '13) May '13 naterizzle 1
News N. J. bars caught passing off dirty water, rubb... (May '13) May '13 Tipsy 2
News 6K gallons of Scotch accidentally flushed down ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Utica34 1
News 6K gallons of scotch accidentally flushed down ... (Feb '13) Mar '13 reality 4
More from around the web