1953 Presidential Inauguration Souven...

1953 Presidential Inauguration Souvenir alcohol

Posted in the Liquor Forum

amg

Long Beach, CA

#1 Apr 6, 2010
We found in the back of my grandmother's cabinet a never-opened bottle of some alcohol from the 1953 Presidential Inauguration. The bottle does not say what kind of spirit it is, but it does say "Old Mr. Boston fine liquors."

We have two questions. First, what kind is it, and second, would it be worth drinking? She passed away, and it we thought such a grand toast to her would be fitting.

Thanks!
Patrick

Jackson, TN

#2 Dec 10, 2010
That would be a bourbon whiskey, yes, still good if sealed but prob. needs filtering!!!
Mozilla

Austin, TX

#3 Dec 13, 2010
I disagree with Patrick.
Mr. Boston had many different brands..and it could be any of them. Open it and smell it is the only way to be certain.
If, it is whiskey...then there would be no need to filter it, unless the cork broke.
If it is a liqeuer...I would suggest not drinking it.
If the fill level is good...that is a good sign that air has not contaminated the contents.
Gregg

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Nov 15, 2011
I have an empty bottle from the 1953 Presidential Inauguration of Dwight D Eisenhower It list 1st through 34th Presidents The state born, Date of Birth, Insu on the back of the bottle i was wondering what it would be worth
mozilla

Pflugerville, TX

#5 Nov 15, 2011
It's worth almost nothing. Sorry.
bluntswitnospit

Dallas, TX

#6 Jan 9, 2012
mozilla wrote:
It's worth almost nothing. Sorry.
i think u r very wrong on your comment abot the bottle almost being worth othin...well any thing that deals with any president is worth value..second ..it is the year that a black girl african american was allowed on the white house lawn..and now u have them living in it . this 1953 SOUVENIR IS PRICELESS
mozilla

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Jan 10, 2012
For an item to be worth some value.

A. It should be rare.
B. There has to be 'demand' for this item.

I don't think that this item qualifies. There are millions of decantors on the market. Most sell for less than $10.
There is absolutely no 'demand' for an item of this type. Maybe, someday....but, not today.

Of course...If you would like to purchase it....then step right up.
Mark

Litchfield, NH

#8 Dec 16, 2013
I have this bottle as well, with the presidents listed on the back. The difference in the one that I have is that the 34th president is Adlai Stevenson. Go figure.
elva porter

Moroni, UT

#9 Jun 7, 2015
Souvenir 1953 Presidential Inauguration, MCMLIII OLD MR. BOSTOM...LIQUORS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liquor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman sought following tequila theft from Oakvi... Jun 16 stupid 2 sell 1
Need help with some mixers!!! Jun 11 ShawnNicholasLee 1
Vintage Rum Jun 8 Vintage Rum 1
Don Pancho Creme de Menthe 750ml Jun 6 BurningStarIV 1
News US distillery creates new bourbourn flavours us... May 27 Bottling House 2
Value of old old liquor (Oct '09) May '16 Angelopet 114
Canadian Masterpiece (Jan '07) May '16 danschuering 60
More from around the web