New Coffee Shop, Hibachi Buffet in Cartersville

Jan 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

There's a new coffee shop in town. Locally-owned-and-operated, The Gate Coffee Shop opened in November, adding to Cartersville's coffee offerings-which include Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts .

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scrumty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Best of luck to you Gate Coffee shop!!

You're gonna need it.

Not being cynical.
Jim

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Yep, hate to see anyone lose money on a bad business venture, but sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking. Hard to imagine a scenario where an independent coffee shop on Tennessee Street makes is past six months or so.
Scrumty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jim wrote:
Yep, hate to see anyone lose money on a bad business venture, but sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking. Hard to imagine a scenario where an independent coffee shop on Tennessee Street makes is past six months or so.
Not to mention whichever bank is involved
misticosombrero

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Scrumty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention whichever bank is involved
EXCELLENT point
Coffee Lover

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

So where is this new coffee shop? Are their prices more reasonable than Starbucks? It would be hard to beat the coffee at Louie's Cafe, but I would be willing to try!
James

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

""We are here to help you and minister to your needs as Cartersville, Ga.'s newest, most fun and exciting Christian establishment.""

That leaves me out.

If I wanted a sermon I would go to church.

Why do people feel the need to bring church to their retail business?

They may look more attractive to members of their own church but what about the majority that do not belong to their religion?
Scrumty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Any idea which church it is? If it's a baptist one they will not be "limiing" the number of clientele in this area.

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Baptist church around here.

I've tried
Scrumty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

limiting
Buzzword

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

This is a great option for those who practice their Christianity, and want a place to go without smoke, without drunks and rowdy behavior (see Tom's thread). No denomination needed to enjoy. Why should Christians not be allowed to gather in a place and discuss their faith, while praising the Lord? You people love to call Christians hypocrits, except when they practice their faith, and then you call them extremists. Make up your minds! Maybe some of it will rub off on ya.
you fool

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
""We are here to help you and minister to your needs as Cartersville, Ga.'s newest, most fun and exciting Christian establishment.""
That leaves me out.
They may look more attractive to members of their own church but what about the majority that do not belong to their religion?
You hate it if a Christian based business opens, but you welcome places where people piss in the parking lotl drunks stagger around, wonen get into beer bottle fights. My suggestion is you stay in your type of place. Then everybody will be happy.

Amazing how angry you are because this place is opening.
easy

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

James wrote:
That leaves me out.
Easy solution to this.... keep your dumb ass in the trashy bars. There are plenty if them here in town. Stay with your own kind, loser.
Jim

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I'm not hoping they fail. On the contrary, I wish them the best of luck. It doesn't sound like a promising business model to me, but I'll probably throw some business their way as I do every new place that opens. I'd love to admit I was wrong if this place is still open in a year.
Annette

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

AMEN! Manners, dignity, respect, decency and honor used to be the public unwritten law. Not anymore. Family friendly has no meaning anymore either because anything goes in families now. Public cursing, public crudeness, public indecency, half nakedness is offensive to me so it's very limited and where I can go.
Buzzword wrote:
This is a great option for those who practice their Christianity, and want a place to go without smoke, without drunks and rowdy behavior (see Tom's thread). No denomination needed to enjoy. Why should Christians not be allowed to gather in a place and discuss their faith, while praising the Lord? You people love to call Christians hypocrits, except when they practice their faith, and then you call them extremists. Make up your minds! Maybe some of it will rub off on ya.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Annette wrote:
AMEN! Manners, dignity, respect, decency and honor used to be the public unwritten law. Not anymore. Family friendly has no meaning anymore either because anything goes in families now. Public cursing, public crudeness, public indecency, half nakedness is offensive to me so it's very limited and where I can go.
<quoted text>
Don't forget the "all dressed in camo" families. I shudder every time I see one.
Really

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I love that the gate is swearing by values, but stole a good many of the menu items from Louie's Cafe. Classy.
Shirley

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Buzzword wrote:
Why don't they just call it a church then? That way it would be tax exempt?

You can't smoke in any place that serves food in Georgia (state law) and I haven't seen too many drunks or rowdy behavior at Starbuck's.

You mentioned Tom's place (I've never been there) does this place have a liquor license? What's the correlation?
Jim

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Really wrote:
I love that the gate is swearing by values, but stole a good many of the menu items from Louie's Cafe. Classy.
I haven't eaten at Louie's Cafe except a time or two, but I don't remember anything really unique on the menu. Seems like it was basic sandwich fare.
Toms

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they just call it a church then? That way it would be tax exempt?
You can't smoke in any place that serves food in Georgia (state law) and I haven't seen too many drunks or rowdy behavior at Starbuck's.
You mentioned Tom's place (I've never been there) does this place have a liquor license? What's the correlation?
Toms Place is your typical biker bar. Smells like stale beer. Old worn out bikers and biker chicks refusing to admit they are old. Nasty place but a lot like it.
Melissa

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't eaten at Louie's Cafe except a time or two, but I don't remember anything really unique on the menu. Seems like it was basic sandwich fare.
Do they have prayer meeting at Louie's?
booger

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Is this place in the old los arcos restaurant? Kinda confusing from the article exactly where it is. I don't visit coffee shops since they are very over priced. I have a Mr. Coffee at home I can use. I do like having an option of some place other than beer joints, loud music, beer bottle bashing, man pissing, fist fighting

I hope it makes it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••