Maple Leaf Cafe is all about creativity

Jan 3, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

You don't usually expect the chef to greet you when you walk in for breakfast. But at Maple Leaf Cafe, Jeorge Swanson often does, saying hello from the tiny open kitchen just inside the front door. via Detroit Free Press

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
karen

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

My husband and I decided to check out the Maple Leaf in Birmingham after reading a couple glowing reviews of the new establishment. We were both moderately disappointed. First of all, as we waited to be seated (about 5 minutes with no one in front of us) my husband observed the kitchen chefs. He watched as one of the chefs displayed his anger or frustration throwing things around. He commented on how the wait staff was rolling their eyes and acting concerned about this guy. Second , my husband ordered the tuna melt and as soon as it was delivered he said, "They fail already." The tuna was not even warm. My sandwich, a turkey with the the name Lennon, was also not even warm. The only warm part was the melted cheese. My husband commented on how they should walk over to Starbucks to get their coffee as the coffee he was served was to the Denny's standard. This seems to be a restaurant that touts 'organic' but offers high-fat food similar to any other greasy spoon. We won't be waiting in line for this one.
Linda Beverly Hills

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Friendly, warm atmosphere. Flavor combinations that are not the norm are presented very nicely together. The awesome homemade preserves have changed my attitude about toast. I have and will return on a regular basis to enjoy the generous portions and uncommon menu choices.
bob

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2008

Very so so. Slow service(from the cooks). Artsy menu that comes off as ordinary when served. Had a dish called the apache which was spiced eggs (looked brown and unappetizing)with not so fresh guacamole and non ripe tomatoes on the side. Not up to par for a Birmingham joint.
Elizabeth

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2008

I love the Maple Leaf Cafe. My favorite is the Gold Medal Grilled Cheese!!! It melts in yor mouth and I can't wait to go back for another!!! Great service and perfect for Birmingham!!
Chris

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Great Atmosphere - Great Food !
Girlfriend and I had the Tuna-melt and the "Lennon's Last Stand turkey sanwich - The staff was great and so was the food Five Stars at a bargain !!
anna

Marysville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

I walk there once a week..love the egg white omlettes plus 3 choices..friendly wait staff..& Chef told us how he cooks the potatoes..excellent..so happy they are there...
Maples Closing

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Maples Cafe a Christian chat room in paltalk is going to close. Too many complaints and bad behavior in there.

Is Miles Dean to blame? Most say yes. That's why KBC closed. Maples is next.

Since: Feb 13

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Nice and unique idea for a resto. At least, customers will feel welcomed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••