Restaurant review: 515 Kitchen and Cocktails: Upstairs, downstairs: Santa Cruz style

There are 22 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 10, 2010, titled Restaurant review: 515 Kitchen and Cocktails: Upstairs, downstairs: Santa Cruz style. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Despite its ochre exterior and upstairs patio, 515 restaurant looks fairly plain at first glance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
too cool

Pacifica, CA

#21 Nov 11, 2010
unsatisfied wrote:
This place is awful! 5 friends all ordered the same soup, which was absolutely terrible and which we wanted to return. We were told that we couldn't return it because "it had been described to us" and it couldn't be taken off the bill for the same reason. NO fine dining restaurant has a policy like this - it's unheard of. I wrote a letter to the manager and never received a response. Definitely won't be returning.
I Agree.

I went in here one night, it was crowded, ordered a beer. The waitress gave me the beer, I gave her a $20. After fifteen minutes passed, I asked the bartender about my change. He went to look for the waitress, couldn't find her, then got manager. The manager told me that she had left, but would be back tomorrow evening. He then said that I would need to come back tomorrow to get my change. WTF
Registered

San Francisco, CA

#22 Nov 11, 2010
I was there last week. A group of 6 of us sat next to the bar downstairs at one of the sofas. Those of us sitting bar side were welcome to be constantly bumped by passersby. Our first round of drinks took approximately 30 minutes to arrive though we were the only group downstairs at the time, apparently it was busy upstairs. Why would that matter you ask? Well, no one was there to work the downstairs bar so it just sat there taking up space like some sort of beached whale. We quickly ordered another round, knowing that it might be last call before they arrived, and the staff managed to duplicate one order and forget another entirely.

When cashing out, we got the same tired and broken SC line about being unable to split checks. For the love of Pete!!!! All ordering is done by computer and they could subdivide individual orders if they weren't so lazy! "You want to pay for a 1/3 of those fires? No problem!" but not at 515, oh no!

PS: Their wait staff is smelly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocktails Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shaken and Stirred: The Stoli Boycott, a PR Coc... (Sep '13) Mar '15 Curious 3
How do I use honey is cocktails without problem Feb '15 settercrazy 1
News Tony Blair accused of making billions from 'tox... Feb '15 bettysenior 1
News Expert shares 15 tips for beating holiday bloat... Dec '14 Chiropractor From... 2
News Dog Haus Biergarten in Pasadena serves offbeat ... Nov '14 DILF 2
News Weird and Wonderful Bloody Marys (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mitt s Polygamous... 1
News State Street's real McCoy (Aug '14) Aug '14 Frogger 3
More from around the web