It's martini time

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

Bernard de Voto, an American writer and historian, described the martini as "the supreme American gift to world culture." That gift will be mixed, poured and enjoyed from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Wharfinger Building in Eureka, and all for a good cause.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
JohnnyHempseed

Arcata, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

"Booze For VICTORY"
Hells Kitchenette

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

White Port and Lemon Juice.
it's the Official Cocktail of Oakland, CA
ABCetc

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Drunk So What wrote:
If I see you and I am drunk I'll kill you "Lois Wilson". Mark my words, your ip trace came up with an address. You're dead.
<quoted text>
Not that anything will probably be done about it but your drunken threat is a legal threat to specifically kill someone.

Not very bright are you.
Drunk So What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

ABCetc wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that anything will probably be done about it but your drunken threat is a legal threat to specifically kill someone.
Not very bright are you.
You don't know the name "Lois Wilson" because he's ALREADY DEAD doochbag. "Lois Wilson" started the anti-drinking movement.
sandladyvb

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Lois Wilson did not found an anti-drinking movement! She was the cofounder of Al-Anon Family Groups, a 12 Step support group for anyone affected by someone else's drinking.
Al-Anon was adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous. It was founded in 1951. Alateen, a youth program for young people affected by a relative or friend's drinking was formed in 1957. Lois Wilson was also instrumental in its formation. Lois Wilson (aka Lois W.) was the wife of Bill Wilson (aka Bill W.), the cofounder of Alcoholics Anonymous. Millions of peoples have been helped by Al-Anon around the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cocktails Discussions

Search the Cocktails Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New distilleries produce Utah's first gin and m... Jul 9 Judy 1
10 Best Hotel Porches in the U.S. Jul 1 Hudson Smith 1
Top 25 Whiskeys Under $100 May '14 Leon Markovitz 1
Lara Spencer of 'Good Morning America' pitches ... May '14 anna cardona 1
Victoria Mancini at Brass City Bistro, Waterbury May '14 John Mckellan AKA FACT 1
Lime costs squeeze margarita makers before Cinc... May '14 your citys stories 1
Hungry? Head for Police Headquarters Apr '14 Petal Power 2
•••
•••