Restaurant review: Bentley's Seafood ...

Restaurant review: Bentley's Seafood & Grill / Boca Raton -- So...

There are 28 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Restaurant review: Bentley's Seafood & Grill / Boca Raton -- So.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Launched in January, Bentley's is a welcome addition to the Boca dining landscape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff Wineinger

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2007
Have eaten there many times....Boca's best kept secret!!!

If not on the menu, ask Walter (Chef) to make you his Lobster Bisque...THE BEST!

The Rack of Lamb is juicy and seasoned perfectly, Pizza is crisp and loaded with toppings, King Crab portion is huge, and all fish dishes are extremely fresh.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!
blakesta

Miami, FL

#2 Sep 10, 2007
place was lousy.... Waited 10 minutes at the table before I got up to go get a waitress... Salad sucked and it took another 10 minutes to get our drinks. I got a steak medium rare it closer to well done. Waited another 15 minutes for our check to come. So in summary the food sucked and the service was worse. I've had better service at KFC. My only question is for the person who reviewd this place in the paper on friday is---were you stoned?
DISSAPOINTED

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Sep 10, 2007
I must agree with blakesta! Who ever wrote the review on this place must have had a few too many cocktails before ordering ... the crabcake was small and over cooked, our salads were over dressed and wilted. For our entree we had chicken breast, and recommened by the reviewer, pork tenderloin ... both dry and tough! Never again! Fire the reviewer!
unhappy

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Sep 10, 2007
Overpriced dreck! The food was totally unacceptable and the service sucked ... we hardly saw our waitress maybe she didn't want to interrupt our drinking ... She was absolutely careless ... didn't even ask how our meal was. My salad sucked ... it was overdressed, and the mussels were cold and gross. The bread was the only good thing on the table other then the wine of course! Here is something positive ... the dinning room was empty and the decor was pleasant. Where was everyone if this was a great place to dine? We were there at dinner time (6-7pm). I rate this resturant a (0)!!! If you choose to go because you believe in the review ... you fell for it just like we did and wasted alot of money. Enjoy suckers!
Will return

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 15, 2007
We agree with our St. Augustine Diner.
Upon entering the tastefully decorated restaurant, we were hospitably ushered to a cozy and comfortable booth. The familiar background music was pleasantly subdued. Our waitress appeared immediately and skillfully guided us through the menu.

We chose the seafood chowder, which arrived hot and bubbling to be enjoyed with the warm, crusty bread. Since a seafood pizza is such a novelty, we selected that and the cedar planked salmon. When these dishes arrived (after a short wait) they were ample, hot and fresh. The side vegetables were cooked to a crunchy perfection.

All the while our waitress was inquiring if we needed anything and if our meal had met our expectations. It had, and we will definitely return to enjoy another seafood feast.
Will return

Miami, FL

#6 Sep 15, 2007
We agree with our St. Augustine Diner.
Upon entering the tastefully decorated restaurant, we were hospitably ushered to a cozy and comfortable booth. The familiar background music was pleasantly subdued. Our waitress appeared immediately and skillfully guided us through the menue. We chose the seafood chowder, which arrived hot and bubbling to be enjoyed with the warm, crusty bread. Since a seafood pizza is such a novelty, we selected that and the cedar planked salmon. When these dishes arrived (after a short wait) they were ample, hot and fresh. The side vegetables were cooked to a crunchy perfection. All the while our waitress was inquiring if we needed anything and if our meal had met our expectations.
It had, and we will definitely return to enjoy another seafood feast.
Will NOT Return

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2007
Food was gross and waitress careless!!!
Canadian Owned

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Sep 19, 2007
Being its canadian owned you don't have to tip. It not expected.
Howieguy

Redmond, WA

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Obviously your reviewer based her comments on scanning the menu and did not personally visit this place. You lost a lot of credibility on this one. We were about the only diners in this large place on a Thursday night and for good reason apparently. Thanks alot........
Grateful

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2007
Well thanks for all the negative tips, apparently Judith must have gotten a freebie here because if this were such a great place - it wouldn't be empty and people would be raving about it rather than disparaging it - I WAS planning on going - no more, thanks guys.
lembovski lover

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Nov 12, 2007
ive never been but my best friends dad and mom own the place thank you very much her name is nicole or as i call her nikkicoli so ill tell her
Canadian COUSINS

Delray Beach, FL

#12 Nov 14, 2007
Thanks for the grat Food and pleasant Hospitality
Nikki Lee

Delray Beach, FL

#13 Nov 14, 2007
Do Not BE Influenced
Thank you Jan Norris for such a great suggerstion your creditability stands as this was a great night for our grandpas birthday the food was prepared first class by the chef who
came from Toronto Canada 5 Star restaruant and offers such a great selection of fresh fish and his wife the Manager was great service and even offer complimentary dessert. A far thing from any other establishment that would not offer such an comforting expereince.

MUST TRY You ont be disappointed.
Porche

Delray Beach, FL

#14 Nov 24, 2007
Bentleys Seafood & Grill
MUST EXPERIENCE CHEF MENU NEW GREAT AUTMOPHERE
GREAT SERVICE
Great Fresh Seafood and Grilled Specialities
We had Fresh Planked HALIBUT., Crusted Fresh Black Grouper Fresh Asparagus., Jasmine rice and chef created as we wait with most delicious COMPLIMETARY DESSERTS.
Full bar with Great choice of Martini Specials cheap and great Nuvou Marble and Sunset colours of the decor. We really enjoyed.
sure pal

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Dec 21, 2007
the only good thing about this place is the bar the bartender is very friends and make some awesome drinks his name is rob i hope he'll be working if you go to this restaurant def ask for him and sit at his bar.... everything else is pretty horrible...except for the pizza and bread
PAUL SHYKORA

Calgary, Canada

#16 Dec 21, 2007
ONE DAY I's come and visit as a CANADIAN Tourist ,eh??!!Yummmmiee!!I's now very hungry ,too boot!! Hey ,good mountian women ,go to thy re-modeled kitchen..and..... MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Cook well!! the hillbilly farmboy has spoken....
unhappy diner

AOL

#17 Dec 23, 2007
Don't go here. The drinks were large and plenty of alcohol. Hopefully to get the diner drunk enough, so as not to experience the bad service. The salad only comes with two dressings. Oil and Vinegar and a vinagrette. the salad it self was dull. Of the four orders we placed. Three of them came out wrong. They took three dollars of the bill as compensation. Not enough in my opinion for screwing up three orders. The coffe came out luke warm and we sent it back. I do not recommend this place.
Food Critic Jan Norris

Delray Beach, FL

#18 Dec 28, 2007
I concurr with Jan Norris assessment of the great quality food FRESH FISH in Boca Raton with great Planked Halibut FResh Jumbo Asparagus and fresh vegtables., great complimentary desserts and Service friendly and courteous. Hostess great and porfessional Full Bar and courtyard., A must for Seafood Lovers and great place for a party!!!
Bentleys make a reservation!!!
Sun Sentinnel

Delray Beach, FL

#19 Dec 28, 2007
Great **** Offering You wont be disappointed
FRESH SEAFOOD

Delray Beach, FL

#20 Dec 28, 2007
Thank you Toronto Transplants for bring an offer of this calibur to the Boca Raton landscape with the opening of Bentleys Seafood on Federal Highway Great Seafood Beauty in the setting and quiet dining with great service. Food is Chef prepared from scratch and well worth the wait. Try for yourself Value for the meal!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocktails Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shaken and Stirred: The Stoli Boycott, a PR Coc... (Sep '13) Mar '15 Curious 3
How do I use honey is cocktails without problem Feb '15 settercrazy 1
News Tony Blair accused of making billions from 'tox... Feb '15 bettysenior 1
News Expert shares 15 tips for beating holiday bloat... Dec '14 Chiropractor From... 2
News Dog Haus Biergarten in Pasadena serves offbeat ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 DILF 2
News Weird and Wonderful Bloody Marys (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mitt s Polygamous... 1
News State Street's real McCoy (Aug '14) Aug '14 Frogger 3
More from around the web