Good News: Alcohol Doesn't Actually K...

Good News: Alcohol Doesn't Actually Kill Brain Cells

There are 11 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Jan 25, 2011, titled Good News: Alcohol Doesn't Actually Kill Brain Cells. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

Derek M. Brown is a beverage expert whose passion for cocktails, spirits, and classic bartending has led him to be a leading voice in the new cocktail renaissance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2011
"Hey. Wassuuuuupppp!! Haw haw haw. Yeah I'm a ... I'ma ... hawhawhaw ... Ima bev'rige expirt ...hic ... hawwwwww hic! beverage! You lookin' at me? Huh? You .. you think you're better'n me? Huh? Why .. you, I'm ... huh? what? No! I'm a bevrige expert! Get your hands offa me, I'm not drunk, I'ma expert! Lissen, ossifer, you don't have to 'rest me. I'm hokay."
Mothra

Portland, OR

#2 Jan 25, 2011
As explained by Cliff Clavin, of Cheers.
One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. Here's how it went:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members..

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
radio free america

Tampa, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
"Hey. Wassuuuuupppp!! Haw haw haw. Yeah I'm a ... I'ma ... hawhawhaw ... Ima bev'rige expirt ...hic ... hawwwwww hic! beverage! You lookin' at me? Huh? You .. you think you're better'n me? Huh? Why .. you, I'm ... huh? what? No! I'm a bevrige expert! Get your hands offa me, I'm not drunk, I'ma expert! Lissen, ossifer, you don't have to 'rest me. I'm hokay."
My very words-hic cup!-LOL-you must be left-wing-I used to play hockey.I was a right-winger-haha-that explains me-LOL
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#4 Jan 25, 2011
I thought it "PICKLED THEM"
Interesting

United States

#5 Jan 25, 2011
I *loved* Mothra's Cliff Quote..
I'm not so sure if a bartender is qualified to comment on the product without at least an apparent conflict of interest...
Two other observations:
Sure alcohol kills brain cells, but only the weak ones!
Two words that absolutely prove alcohol kills brain cells: Ted Kennedy
:-)
David

Miami, FL

#6 Jan 25, 2011
So what are you trying to say,We are just born stupid?
Gregory

Miami, FL

#7 Jan 25, 2011
So whats bush excuse?
HeadCheese

Kansas City, MO

#8 Jan 25, 2011
But it could kill a fellow hunter, if you're Cheney, and you're on blood thinners, and you drink while hunting.

But who really expects politicians to be their moral leaders, and not politicians?
judgejudy

Clifton Springs, Australia

#10 Jan 25, 2011
I'll drink to that. Lets party!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 25, 2011
I just kills families...

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#12 Jan 26, 2011
HeadCheese wrote:
But it could kill a fellow hunter, if you're Cheney, and you're on blood thinners, and you drink while hunting.
But who really expects politicians to be their moral leaders, and not politicians?
Had that been you or I who shot someone while hunting we certainly wouldn't have been give 24 hours (to sober up) before being questioned by law enforcement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocktails Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fuzzy Beach Balls Cocktail Jul 13 BeachBums4Ever 1
News Get to Independent Bar & Kitchen Before Everyon... May '16 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News 13 Pitch-Perfect Margaritas to Try in Los Angeles Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News This Week in Houston Food Blogs: Salty Cakes An... Mar '16 Farts 3
News Askov Finlayson + The Bachelor Farmer Candles: ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 USA USA USA USA 3
News Switchel offers a switch to sipping (Nov '15) Nov '15 Susan Alexander 1
News Weird hangover cures around the globe - " sheep... (Nov '15) Nov '15 DILF 9
More from around the web