Eddie to be honoured

Eddie to be honoured

There are 5 comments on the Whisky Magazine story from Sep 15, 2010, titled Eddie to be honoured. In it, Whisky Magazine reports that:

After 29 years in the Kentucky Bourbon industry, Eddie Russell, Wild Turkey Bourbon Associate Distiller, will be inducted into the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame, the highest honor given by the legendary Kentucky Bourbon industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whisky Magazine.

Wild

United States

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Congrats Eddie.
Thank you

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2010
To fellow topix.com readers:
This was an absolutely beautiful Burgoo Festival, the weather was a little windy on Friday, but thank goodness it blew out. Saturday and Sunday was picture perfect weather, for spectators, who decided to visit our little festival. I am not sure how the Burgoo Festival originated or how long Lawrenceburg has been hosting such an event, as an outsider who has only lived in this city for about 10 years I was impressed with the turnout. I honestly enjoy all of the ethnic foods and fellowship.
Saturday night I decided that I wanted to see what all of the hoopla was about. I decided to attend the truck pull at the Anderson County Park. WOW! I was amazed, I had never been to a truck pull and I have been fortunate to attend a few Nasscar Races with my dad growing up. I never expected to see 3,000 people at the Lawrenceburg Truck Pull, and I never expected to see hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. There were Semi Trucks that cost more than my house, there were tractorís, hot rods, and motors that you can only see on TV or in a hotrod magazine. All of those expensive things were impressive to say the least. However, I was more amused and impressed with the hospitality and humbleness of these people. I did not think about taking a lawn chair, and I was immediately given the chance to sit and take a person seat, to which I had just met. Thank you for your southern hospitality, my feet were killing me.
I am not a native of Lawrenceburg, and I do not know the Carey Family; I only see the ugly posts here on topix.com and all of the gossip. The nice fellow, who allowed me to take his seat and make it my home for the evening, just happened to know, Mr. Eddie Carey, so I was fortunate enough to make his acquaintance. He was a very nice person, and instantly I understood his passion for his family, friends, and his community. I along with several hundred people thanked Mr. Carey for his commitment to this event. I sit there Saturday night and watched this Family, laugh, hug, shake hands, smile, and give to the community and not expect anything in return.
It does not take an Economics Professor from the University of Kentucky to see what a financial impact 3,000 people can make to a town, buying gas, food, hotel lodging, and many more daily essentials. I read the paper every Wednesday and I see that our small town is struggling.
I decided to do my own investigation, so I went to the courthouse and confirmed that on July 20, 2010 Mr. Carey did in fact pay his property taxes. I know people enjoying reading and repeating the negative things, but I challenge you to be a little more open minded and the next time Mr. Carey hosts a truck pull, you had better attend. It will be worth $10.00 and similar to a Nasscar event, and I can promise you, that it is something to see! Thank you Mr. Carey and Family for taking the high road and for doing so much for this Community!
Mozilla

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Thank you wrote:
To fellow topix.com readers:
This was an absolutely beautiful Burgoo Festival, the weather was a little windy on Friday, but thank goodness it blew out. Saturday and Sunday was picture perfect weather, for spectators, who decided to visit our little festival. I am not sure how the Burgoo Festival originated or how long Lawrenceburg has been hosting such an event, as an outsider who has only lived in this city for about 10 years I was impressed with the turnout. I honestly enjoy all of the ethnic foods and fellowship.
Saturday night I decided that I wanted to see what all of the hoopla was about. I decided to attend the truck pull at the Anderson County Park. WOW! I was amazed, I had never been to a truck pull and I have been fortunate to attend a few Nasscar Races with my dad growing up. I never expected to see 3,000 people at the Lawrenceburg Truck Pull, and I never expected to see hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. There were Semi Trucks that cost more than my house, there were tractorís, hot rods, and motors that you can only see on TV or in a hotrod magazine. All of those expensive things were impressive to say the least. However, I was more amused and impressed with the hospitality and humbleness of these people. I did not think about taking a lawn chair, and I was immediately given the chance to sit and take a person seat, to which I had just met. Thank you for your southern hospitality, my feet were killing me.
I am not a native of Lawrenceburg, and I do not know the Carey Family; I only see the ugly posts here on topix.com and all of the gossip. The nice fellow, who allowed me to take his seat and make it my home for the evening, just happened to know, Mr. Eddie Carey, so I was fortunate enough to make his acquaintance. He was a very nice person, and instantly I understood his passion for his family, friends, and his community. I along with several hundred people thanked Mr. Carey for his commitment to this event. I sit there Saturday night and watched this Family, laugh, hug, shake hands, smile, and give to the community and not expect anything in return.
It does not take an Economics Professor from the University of Kentucky to see what a financial impact 3,000 people can make to a town, buying gas, food, hotel lodging, and many more daily essentials. I read the paper every Wednesday and I see that our small town is struggling.
I decided to do my own investigation, so I went to the courthouse and confirmed that on July 20, 2010 Mr. Carey did in fact pay his property taxes. I know people enjoying reading and repeating the negative things, but I challenge you to be a little more open minded and the next time Mr. Carey hosts a truck pull, you had better attend. It will be worth $10.00 and similar to a Nasscar event, and I can promise you, that it is something to see! Thank you Mr. Carey and Family for taking the high road and for doing so much for this Community!
Nice letter, but, this article is about Eddie "RUSSELL" not Eddie Carey. Did you write on the wrong topic?
Mistydog

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Sep 29, 2010
I'm so glad to see a positive note on Topix and we're really glad you came to Lawrenceburg. There are only a few people like the ones that make all these negative posts on Topix.com . I'm glad they are few and far between. Lawrenceburg is a great place to live and raise your children. We moved here in 1970 and I can't imagine a better place to live so Please don't judge Anderson Countians by what you read on Topix. There are so many wonderful people here in this county so Come back often and I don't know Eddie Carey but I thank him for all he's done for our county.
Idiots

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Try reading the article before you post. This is about Eddie RUSSELL and his work for Wild Turkey. You'll find Eddie Carey in numerous other forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bourbon Whiskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CNN correspondent Pamela Brown weds at her chil... Jun '17 wolfcat95 3
News Bourbon & Beyond Reveals 2017 Lineup Apr '17 ReneCat 1
News Southern Tier Distilling Company Celebrates Gra... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Laszlow 1
News Back to bourbon making: Jim Beam workers OK con... (Oct '16) Oct '16 LookAtMe 4
News Festival fun and paying tribute to vets (Sep '12) Sep '16 Meme 3
News Go Pick: Beer, Bourbon and Barbecue at Blue Mou... (Aug '15) Jul '16 Jame Worie 3
News US distillery creates new bourbourn flavours us... (May '16) May '16 Bottling House 2
More from around the web