New brewery opens up on Varick Street

Nov 25, 2011 Full story: WKTV 16

There is a new brewery in town at a popular local hangout on Varick Street. Friday, two new brews were unveiled to the community, ones made right here in Utica.

Full Story
cicero

Cortland, NY

#1 Nov 25, 2011
the owner of the bar worked for the city during the Utica Mayor Timothy Julian term when he worked for the city they meaning the urban director Tim Doyle and the mayor was at the bar on the back roof before it was opened and i believe the owner received a lot of money from the city prob from GroWest also ? the building is a residence also upstairs so this would tie in money from growest for building?
wrong

Methuen, MA

#2 Nov 26, 2011
Know the owner personally. He couldn't get any money from the city when he worked there as it was a conflict of interest. He also received nothing from growest because of what happened with that organization.
good idea but

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 Nov 26, 2011
Way too much carbonation.
funny

Cortland, NY

#4 Nov 26, 2011
wrong wrote:
Know the owner personally. He couldn't get any money from the city when he worked there as it was a conflict of interest. He also received nothing from growest because of what happened with that organization.
your funny he bought the propertys from the city for $2000 go look it up and he was working there at the time of purchase
wrong

Methuen, MA

#5 Nov 26, 2011
funny wrote:
<quoted text>your funny he bought the propertys from the city for $2000 go look it up and he was working there at the time of purchase
You are correct. It was to be demolished. The building was a mess. I applaud him for taking on such a task of buying an old building and putting all of that work into it to bring a new business to the area. That and getting it back on the tax rolls.

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 26, 2011
Can you just walk in and see them making beer? This looks so cool!
grow west

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Nov 26, 2011
he did recieve money from grow west..look it up.. now he seems like a good guy..doing good business..looks like this is one of the few cases where grow west did what it was supposed to do.
your funny

Cortland, NY

#8 Nov 27, 2011
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It was to be demolished. The building was a mess. I applaud him for taking on such a task of buying an old building and putting all of that work into it to bring a new business to the area. That and getting it back on the tax rolls.
you talk as if no one else wanted to buy that building if the city made it known that the building was available at auction it would have received more bids buy this was a in house deal and anyone could make a business with growest money
funny

Cortland, NY

#9 Nov 27, 2011
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
i just shut you up and your still talking you said he received nothing and no favors now your back stroking conceding
Monkey see Monkey do

Boston, MA

#10 Nov 27, 2011
Cicero, you could get a free building and a million in start up funds, and still not be able to spell your name at the bottom of a payroll check. What a clown.
Hard work

Baldwinsville, NY

#11 Nov 27, 2011
They made their way with hard work, give it a rest.
Dee Dee Ramone

United States

#12 Nov 27, 2011
I like the Breakfast Stout. Nothing like having a couple of beer's in the morning before you go to work.LoL!

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 27, 2011
SOOOOOO please before we go check it out can you see the beer being brewed or what guys?
brewmasterbater

Cortland, NY

#14 Nov 27, 2011
yes Heather, I brew it with my pants down!!(guess what i stir with??)
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

#15 Nov 28, 2011
In Rochester, Genesee is expanding rapidly. They've added 250 jobs over the last year. A new visitor's center will open in the spring. Has anybody noticed more Genny (Genny, Cream Ale, 12 Horse Ale, etc.) products in Utica bars or stores? I hear it's a trendy beer in Brooklyn these days.
Urinary Infection

Baldwinsville, NY

#16 Nov 28, 2011
Heather knows wrote:
Can you just walk in and see them making beer? This looks so cool!
You stupid gutter worm, guys taking a pee in a urinal hooked to a tap system is not making beer. The fact you think its tastey lends to your white trash personality. You should learn to drink only from a bottle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wouldn't it have been easier... (Jan '11) Oct 20 what about town w... 5
Beer vat move on hold (Jan '11) Oct 20 tricky no mention... 2
Heading to Halton Hills (Jan '11) Oct 20 tricky no mention... 3
Vats on their way to Halton Hills (Jan '11) Oct 20 tricky no mention... 2
Beer vat move is on again (Jan '11) Oct 20 tricky no mention... 7
Big move cancelled | UPDATE (Dec '10) Oct 20 Oct 27 wknd CNR c... 3
Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Oct 5 H20LOO 113

Beer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE