Beer Ban: 'Probably The Worst Ban In ...

Beer Ban: 'Probably The Worst Ban In The World'

There are 27 comments on the news.sky.com story from Apr 8, 2010, titled Beer Ban: 'Probably The Worst Ban In The World'. In it, news.sky.com reports that:

Warehouse staff at brewing giant Carlsberg have staged a second day of walkouts in protest at a company decision to limit beer drinking at work to lunch breaks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.sky.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Apr 8, 2010
so when you had a Laverne/Shirley shift do you go home to a cold beer???

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#2 Apr 8, 2010
I like my beer as much as the next guy, but in this instance it's a safety issue. I say give them one chance to come back with the new policy in effect and fire those that won't comply.
roar

Granite City, IL

#3 Apr 8, 2010
It Figures Companies always want to take away from the workers and not offer anything in return.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4 Apr 8, 2010
thank God you don't drive to and fro ....

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 8, 2010
Can they drink beer while on the picket line?If so,this will be a long strike!
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#6 Apr 8, 2010
Let them drink Cuervo Gold!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#9 Apr 8, 2010
addicted2internet wrote:
Who needs beer when you can drink hard liquor.
Thats what I was gonna say.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#10 Apr 9, 2010
but , and this is only a but , they work in a brewery and not a distillery

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Call me crazy, but if I owned a factory, I'd rather it wasn't staffed by alcoholics who can't get through a single work day without getting tanked.
chas

Granite City, IL

#12 Apr 9, 2010
roar wrote:
It Figures Companies always want to take away from the workers and not offer anything in return.

brilliant

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#13 Apr 9, 2010
Our manufacturing plant has "hotdog vendors" who set up their carts right outside the main entrances. These carts sell alcohol to plant workers at lunch time.

We've tried to remove them several times, but they just reopen on the next corner. It's a hard fact that most manufacturers have to face. It's called poverty.
Dilbert Doe

Huntington, NY

#14 Apr 9, 2010
JM_Brazil wrote:
Our manufacturing plant has "hotdog vendors" who set up their carts right outside the main entrances. These carts sell alcohol to plant workers at lunch time.
We've tried to remove them several times, but they just reopen on the next corner. It's a hard fact that most manufacturers have to face. It's called poverty.
Let me guess....mostly factory worker men buy the alcohol and mostly factory worker women buy the hot dogs?..... Have you ever seen the women actually EAT the hot dogs? I rest my case.

KarmaHalo

“Karmas!”

Since: Feb 10

KarmaVille

#15 Apr 9, 2010
Beer,yuck! It looks like horse pee,doesn't it.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#16 Apr 9, 2010
JM_Brazil wrote:
Our manufacturing plant has "hotdog vendors" who set up their carts right outside the main entrances. These carts sell alcohol to plant workers at lunch time.
We've tried to remove them several times, but they just reopen on the next corner. It's a hard fact that most manufacturers have to face. It's called poverty.
or low pay scale or illegals shop???

Since: Aug 08

Hamburg, NY

#17 Apr 9, 2010
Damn got to this one to late,thought it said Beer Can and needed a sixer for the road....nevermind...

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#18 Apr 9, 2010
GMGMIKE wrote:
Damn got to this one to late,thought it said Beer Can and needed a sixer for the road....nevermind...
yep coming in oh the midnight tide ..

hey hey sea hound ....

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#19 Apr 9, 2010
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
or low pay scale or illegals shop???
Not at all Tally, agreed, average salary for a factory worker is already on the lower side of the payscale, but any factory worker working for a legitimate company should be able to support a family. When you refer to 'illegal shops' I assume you're referring to 'sweat shops'. I have no knowledge of operational issues of an illegal manufacturing plant, but I do not see your connection with my comment. My point is, it's a fact that poverty breeds alcoholism.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#20 Apr 9, 2010
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all Tally, agreed, average salary for a factory worker is already on the lower side of the payscale, but any factory worker working for a legitimate company should be able to support a family. When you refer to 'illegal shops' I assume you're referring to 'sweat shops'. I have no knowledge of operational issues of an illegal manufacturing plant, but I do not see your connection with my comment. My point is, it's a fact that poverty breeds alcoholism.
remember this: as a general rule , I always make a pun upon others post , if I disagree I put up facts and figure s...
long gone

AOL

#21 Apr 9, 2010
This is the loss of one more American Freedom. From now on we're on a slippery sloap, all down hill.
Just like Hitler who tried to ban smoking, management will end up in trouble. The Shame, The Shame.:(

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#23 Apr 9, 2010
well, that's certainly NOT one of those so-called 'jobs nobody wants to do.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MillerCoors gets Blue Moon 'craft beer' lawsuit... Jun 17 uminocha 1
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) May '16 sfcvalliere 122
News Get to Independent Bar & Kitchen Before Everyon... May '16 ELISE GINGERICH 1
Beginner Home Brewing Questions! May '16 uminocha 4
News Study: A Beer a Day Is Good for the Brain, Heart May '16 uminocha 1
News John H.R. Molson & Bros. 1908 Historic Pale Ale... Mar '16 chris 1
News Man found dead in Norwalk identified (Jan '09) Mar '16 rosyglow 14
More from around the web