Ladies! Watch Your Drinks! (article)

Ladies! Watch Your Drinks! (article)

Posted in the Beer Forum

Grace Vinzant

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 15, 2012
I came across this article from a Jacksonville blog. It was written by someone anonymous.

Sept.12,2012 is a night I will never forget.Then again it is a night I will never remember.At my age the thought of having my drink drugged never crossed my mind.I've always just thought it was something done by rapists or just an something young women used as an excuse for their drunken behavior.Over the years I have had plenty of nights where I partied too much.The next day though I would always remember and then laugh about stupid things I had done.That night was different.I don't have a single memory,the last thing I remember is showing my ID to get in.Next thing I know I'm waking up next to my boyfriend the next morning.Even though I felt very weird and very confused I was too embarressed to let him know.I didn't have a hangover,I just felt very confused.After we had lunch he told me what I had done the night before.I thought he was joking at first.When I realized he was serious I was disgusted with myself.I had apparently flipped out.He said that I became hostile and was saying horrible things to him.I was so confused because I had no reason to say these things,especially to someone I had just fallen in love with.I finally find someone that I want to spend my life with and all of a sudden he's gone.That was the last time I saw him,the last time I heard his voice and I no longer existed to him.It was weird enough that we had met online,he in Keystone and me in Jacksonville.We had things in common that I havent had with anyone else.The next few days I was so confused,so depressed.I was not only missing a night out of my life but also missing my boyfriend.I finally had to talk to someone about what happened.My best friend that I've known for 15 years made it clear that I had never acted like that after drinking too much.She said usually when I drink too much I'm funny and cant walk.Apparently that night I walked to his truck that was parked about 4 blocks away.Since it was still bothering me I talked to my parents and friends.They all said it sounded as if my drink had been drugged by someone at that place.My mother wouldn't get off my case wanting me to call the police station.I knew that was a waste of time but I did decide to call the club.The manager refused to give me his name but he did say that I was the 4th person that had called about that night.Having my drink drugged had not crossed my mind.My "boyfriend" wouldn't accept or return my calls so I sent a text message and a written letter that I mailed with the info I had found out.He still could not or would not forgive me and told me that people mean what they say when drunk.I'm still just as confused as I was then,I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks from my emotions over that night.My main motive for writing this is to make older women women realize that just because we are older we are not immune to something like this.I have since heard other similar stories from people that were just to embarrassed to tell anyone and the current issue of a popular womens magazine has an article covering this topic and that even bartenders are known to drug drinks.Sometimes it is done for a male customer and sometimes it is just done for entertainment.I will never know who put something in my drink,I will never be able to actually prove it and I will never really know what took place that night.But if my article can even help one woman avoid it then I have accomplished what I set out to do.

"anonymous in Jax,FL"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Craft brewery bringing back long-forgotten brew... Sep 18 Hops 1
News Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Aug '17 Oddcouple 17
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Aug '17 bootlip 127
News Rincon Brewery Isla Vista, Where Everything But... Aug '17 Mark Hyatt 1
News Woman woke to find strange man standing at top ... Aug '17 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 2
News Vats roll through Hornby (Jan '11) Jul '17 Jon Snow Parkway 6
News Beer, wine, eats a " your taste buds are in for... Jul '17 Ronald 2
More from around the web