Bar owner fights back in beer price wars - The Park Record

Full story: Park Record
No Name Saloon Owner Jesse Shetler is hanging these signs in his establishments inviting clients to vote on whether to raise prices of Budweiser products or replace the taps. Full Story
Jim

Layton, UT

#1 Oct 25, 2011
It should be mentioned that the price of a keg of Budweiser increased $5.00. There is 1984 ounces in a keg,divided by a typical 16 ounce glass = 124 16 ounce glasses in a keg divided by $5.00 =$.04 per 16 oz glass. It seems to me that Mr. Shelter is making $.21 cents per glass. Who is screwing who?
Bill

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2011
Is Mr. Shetler aware that Budweiser, Miller and Coors are no longer American owned companies? Foreign ownership coupled with loss of market share to craft beers is causing the price increases. Maybe Mr. Shetler should offer his customers products brewed by American owned and operated breweries.
Jay Maslar

Painted Post, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2011
How about D) Replace all taps with beers owned by American companies.
Bud is owned by ABInBev, which is a Belgian-Brazilian holdings company. Miller and Coors are now owned by the same company SABMiller, which is out of London.
Pabst is the only one that owned in the US anymore, so I guess option B addresses that, but only if the go Blue Ribbon and not Miller.
How about adding a few taps of some American craft beers?
Don Z

Pueblo, CO

#4 Oct 25, 2011
The bar I go to here in Pueblo, Colorado (Legends Bar) took out all Bud kegs a few months ago. Customers have found there actually are other brands (Coors, Miller, PBR, Keystone, etc.) that are pretty good tasting and MUCH cheaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pa. Lawmaker: Yuengling Snubbed at Gov.'s Inaug... Jan 16 Rusty Straub 2
Pennsylvania Lawmaker Claims Yuengling Beer Is ... Jan 16 PayOff 1
What Celeb Would You Want to have a Beer with? Jan 13 Joesmith-RealName 2
Golf courses get legal okay to keep selling beer (Jan '08) Jan 3 Mike J 27
Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Dec '14 TorrainG 115
Beer vat move is on again (Jan '11) Dec '14 secret_sweetheart... 8
WT Brews: Onondaga County's newest brewery star... Dec '14 jimbo 2
More from around the web