Dunkin' Donuts coming to town

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A local company's plans to bring at least three Dunkin' Donuts to the area will give local residents yet another option for satisfying their sweet tooth or need for caffeine.
Comments
1 - 20 of 145 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2009
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
John Payne

Venus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

I will not be able to visit a DD as I am a Krispy Kream man at heart. I grew up on KK , I sold KK in High School, My church sold KK . But there is nothing like driving down the road and seeing that "HOT NOW" Sign . Man you know that just on the other side of that drive Thur is a Soft , Tender , Mouth watering , Sweet morsel that no other place could make.......... Sorry I made my self hungry for a Krispy Kream. Look out DD this meen's Dount War !

Since: Feb 07

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

I love DD.

But making Rachel Ray their spokesperson? Ugh. I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard 24/7.
Carrie

Wellford, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

It's about time...it's been more than "several years"!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
PJ Anello

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Ah! Life is good! I moved from Connecticut three years ago and have told all my visitors from the Northeast, that they need to bring a pound or two of Dunkin Donuts coffee when they come to see us. Now DD will be here! It's the coffee, and my favorite, the iced coffee! OK, We're stayin'!
BR fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Are there going to be Baskin-Robbins attached?
Jingle

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Bring it on I need more foooooooood
Saucy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

It gets cold down here where I sleep, some good DD coffee will get me through the night.
Ralph

Lyman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

My wife and I love DD. Looking forward to it.
Mooz

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

I hate Krispy kreme doughnuts so this is a welcome relief. We refer to KK as "Krusty Kruds". We used to go to the Dunkin Donuts at the top of Tunnel Road till the Pakistanis bought it out. It immediately got filthy and unkempt from the get go. This isnt a racial swipe at all Pakistanis, just a fact about our local DD. I don't think they were invested in the product or the property and it was the final demise of that institution in this town. Welcome Dunkin Donuts!
Asheville

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

AT LAST,AT LAST, AT LAST...
No more drives to TN or to exit 150 just to buy those wonderful donuts...
KK doesn't hold a candle to a DD sorry but they are just tooooo sickening sweet...
Jared

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

I think that it is good the Dunkin Doughnuts are coming back to Asheville but I think that there is no way that they will be able to surpass Krispy Kreme. NO WAY. Maybea this will wake up Krispy Kreme to get there act together because they are the best. But they need to act like it.
Donut Hole

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn`t DD here in Asheville once befor several years ago?well they could`nt make it then what makes them think they can make it now.They surely want survive from the 12 here.
Lucky

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

I'm tired of these KK lovers being coddled to, it's time to stop the coddling and get some new blood in here, DD is where its at. Dunkin Donuts! Not Dakota Dog.
Jared

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Hey the only coddling that is going on is the addition of DD to please the transplants here from the North. That is what we are all sick of. People move here saying that they are tired of the way things are up north but the first thing they try to do is change our area to be like theirs where they just moved from .
wineman

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Rachel Ray is a goddess. Just the very sight of her has been known to bring on puberty in young boys. Leslie Gore (now we're going back a fair amount of time)had that ability.
Dunkin Donuts may be good, but looking at Rachel isn't fattening.

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Asheville wrote:
AT LAST,AT LAST, AT LAST...
No more drives to TN or to exit 150 just to buy those wonderful donuts...
You mean exit 151. Left at the light (or right if you're coming from the east), it's on the left next to the entrance of Lowes. Ask me how I know.:)

Didn't the other DD close when the piece of land they were on was removed to redo the Tunnel Road/South Tunnel intersection? Frank's used to be over there too.
Wendy

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

There is a God!
jack

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Wonder if the liberal wackos will be protesting the DD like they do starbucks?
Audrey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Maybe it is my northern blood, but Krispy Kreme has never been a suitable alternative to Dunkin' Donuts for me. I never actually went to DD a whole lot when I was living in an area with one locally, but now that there aren't any nearby, I've been missing them. VERY welcome news!
McDowell Reader

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

rickm wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean exit 151. Left at the light (or right if you're coming from the east), it's on the left next to the entrance of Lowes. Ask me how I know.:)
Didn't the other DD close when the piece of land they were on was removed to redo the Tunnel Road/South Tunnel intersection? Frank's used to be over there too.
You are so right.. hey I just go by sight...
Just in case anybody was really in the need for a chocolate creme filled...LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drink Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ontario Winery Profile: Strewn Winery 4 hr Wine 1
Dairy Farmer Says Drought Could Spell End To Pr... (Aug '06) 10 hr Liberal forever 7
Be Our Brewer for a Day Festival brings homebre... 13 hr silly rabbit 13
Tim Hortons Deal Could Lower Burger King's Tax ... Tue El Guapo 1
Napa earthquake hastens calls for warning system Tue Junior 1
Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Tue ranger1 112
Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Mon chelsea 15
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Drink People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••