Sour grapes?

Mar 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BBC Europe Edition

Inside the vast, stainless steel tanks of the Skovin winery, 17 million litres of smooth red and white wine slowly mature.

Comments
1 - 20 of 250 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2013
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quote:

"This winemaker is the unlikely victim of a dispute over names between Macedonia and Greece, a long-running disagreement that is currently being played out before the international judges.

But recently sales have plummeted to the largest European buyer, Germany.

Greece, which has a northern province called Macedonia, pressured German importers to stop taking the wine, maintaining it had copyrighted the term Macedonian in 1989.

"We feel very protective of the names Macedonian Red and Macedonian White," says Mile Kostov, Skovin's commercial director.

"We are proud of the name and that we are Macedonian. If we lose our German partners, it would be the death of the Macedonian wine business."

For the winery, it was the first taste of a dispute between Macedonia and Greece that has lasted for almost 20 years."

THE SOONER THEY MODIFY THE NAME, THE BETTER FOR THEM!

“NAME NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!!”

Since: May 10

MACEDONIA THEREFORE ELLAS!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

GREECE OWNS MACEDONIA :)MACEDONIA WAS BORN GREEK :)

“Love Life”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

National pride will let this matter to be forever. I am afraid that only something really bad and evil will force one contry or another to have second thoughts on this matter.
Hoping for not being much bad to whoever may happen.
Dude

Taree, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

They produced Macedonian Red and Macedonian White decades before gaydalla copyrighted the name.

In international court this copyright would be overthrown, but fortunately for gaydalla, the winary cannot aford the legal fees in germany to sue gaydalla.

For the time being anyway
Damianos wrote:
Quote:
"This winemaker is the unlikely victim of a dispute over names between Macedonia and Greece, a long-running disagreement that is currently being played out before the international judges.
But recently sales have plummeted to the largest European buyer, Germany.
Greece, which has a northern province called Macedonia, pressured German importers to stop taking the wine, maintaining it had copyrighted the term Macedonian in 1989.
"We feel very protective of the names Macedonian Red and Macedonian White," says Mile Kostov, Skovin's commercial director.
"We are proud of the name and that we are Macedonian. If we lose our German partners, it would be the death of the Macedonian wine business."
For the winery, it was the first taste of a dispute between Macedonia and Greece that has lasted for almost 20 years."
THE SOONER THEY MODIFY THE NAME, THE BETTER FOR THEM!

Since: Mar 09

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dude wrote:
They produced Macedonian Red and Macedonian White decades before gaydalla copyrighted the name.
In international court this copyright would be overthrown, but fortunately for gaydalla, the winary cannot aford the legal fees in germany to sue gaydalla.
For the time being anyway
<quoted text>
Hey Dude, why waste the money and everybody's time, just call these wines Makedonski Red and Makedonski White!

End of problem!
sonofabitchski

Bexley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 29, 2011
 
the Germans wont buy it because it tastes like vinegar no other reason box heads

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

If anything tastes like vinegar it is crassos, the very name means sour (kras_atko/kras_livo) in Macedonian. Poor greek malakas. They sell something they dont like, something they used to mix with water, something they named sour (crassos)and now they are trying to tell the world that they invented the wine. No my dear greek friends. The wine originates from Macedonia and not Greece.
Hellenic RL

Doonside, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

STORI wrote:
If anything tastes like vinegar it is crassos, the very name means sour (kras_atko/kras_livo) in Macedonian. Poor greek malakas. They sell something they dont like, something they used to mix with water, something they named sour (crassos)and now they are trying to tell the world that they invented the wine. No my dear greek friends. The wine originates from Macedonia and not Greece.
Macedonia is in Greece, google your langauge malaka in comes up Bulgarian, do the exercise, your bullshit macedonian langauge was codified from Bulgarian and Serb/crotian in 1944. Study your history, its all there.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hellenic RL wrote:
<quoted text>
Macedonia is in Greece, google your langauge malaka in comes up Bulgarian, do the exercise, your bullshit macedonian langauge was codified from Bulgarian and Serb/crotian in 1944. Study your history, its all there.
Face the truth.
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

STORI wrote:
<quoted text>
Face the truth.
YOU ARE NO MACEDONIAN==>YOU ARE A FORMER YUGOSLAV!FROM VARDASKA BANOVINA!MACEDONIAN NOTHING!
YOU BELONG TO THE SLAVIC RACE!YOU ARE NOT HELLENES!BUT BULGARIAN SLAVS!WHO STILL SPEAK A SLAVOBULGARIAN DIALECT MACEDONIAN NOTHING!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/misko...

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Face the truth.
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

STORI wrote:
Face the truth.
THE TRUTH IS NOT BASED ON YUGOSLAVIAN COMMUNIST LIES AND PROPAGANDA==>IT IS BASED ON HISTORICAL FACTS !ACCEPTED AND RESPECTED BY THE WORLDS ACADEMIA!OF SCHOLARS!HISTORIANS&ARCHEO LOGISTS!
http://macedonia-evidence.org/
http://macedonia-evidence.org/
http://macedonia-evidence.org/

Since: Mar 08

I like to screw pichkas!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

STORI wrote:
If anything tastes like vinegar it is crassos, the very name means sour (kras_atko/kras_livo) in Macedonian. Poor greek malakas. They sell something they dont like, something they used to mix with water, something they named sour (crassos)and now they are trying to tell the world that they invented the wine. No my dear greek friends. The wine originates from Macedonia and not Greece.
Fyromians discoverer wine making? Wow! Is there anything you clowns didn't create or invent?

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

GEOROX wrote:
<quoted text>
Fyromians discoverer wine making? Wow! Is there anything you clowns didn't create or invent?
You poor deluded grik. Have you ever wondered why most of Europe and a large part of Asia speaks a MACEDONIC language? Have you???
How many in Europe or Asia speak greek that is easily understandable for you neo-greeks. Donīt you understand that the Macedonian language is the PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGE ????
Xenofon

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

STORI wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor deluded grik. Have you ever wondered why most of Europe and a large part of Asia speaks a MACEDONIC language? Have you???
How many in Europe or Asia speak greek that is easily understandable for you neo-greeks. Donīt you understand that the Macedonian language is the PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGE ????
First off, you turkoslavs from Vardarska Banovina weren't the firsts at anything. You animals are a turkoslavic race that came into the Balkan region 600 AD! For God's sake, two Greek monks (Saints Cyril and Methodius) from Thessaloniki gave you turkoslavs your alphabet so I'd be thanking the Greeks for your documented slavic historical written origin!

You hate us because you envy us!

Macedonia was born Greek!

Born Canadian but Greek by the grace of God!
Dude

Taree, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

They are dumbass, have you ever seen the label!?
Damianos wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dude, why waste the money and everybody's time, just call these wines Makedonski Red and Makedonski White!
End of problem!
Dude

Taree, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Actually the germans have loved it for decades, there are even tours in Macedonia specifically for german tourists to experience where the wine comes from, organised by germans for germans.

they make vinegar in gaydalla as no one ever heard of your "wines"
sonofabitchski wrote:
the Germans wont buy it because it tastes like vinegar no other reason box heads
what is going on

Skopje, Macedonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 30, 2011
 
What is going on? Did topix collapsed?
Think About It

Corning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 30, 2011
 
I think so
what is going on

Skopje, Macedonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 30, 2011
 
Maybe globalists are taking over, there are no countries anymore ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••