Foiled Tax Revolutionaries

Foiled Tax Revolutionaries

There are 35 comments on the New York Magazine story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Foiled Tax Revolutionaries. In it, New York Magazine reports that:

Today, on tax day, hundreds of "tea parties" are being held in all 50 states to protest government spending and, of course, taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Magazine.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“www.coppertoken. com”

Since: Sep 07

State of Confusion

#27 Apr 15, 2009
Yep...title is just a wee off there. LOL
Jason Lee

River Grove, IL

#28 Apr 15, 2009
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
My son has no idea what TEABAGGING is. But I do.
Well, if

-he's a teenager,

-and he ever makes the mistake of falling asleep in the company of his friends,

-and they have a cell phone with a camera,

he's probably gonna learn the hard way way what tea-bagging is.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#29 Apr 15, 2009
My caption?

"The few. The proud. The Reagan Revolutionaries!"

On the endangered species list! LOL!!!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30 Apr 15, 2009
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry, call me immature if you will.

teabagging parties.

ROFL

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31 Apr 15, 2009
Anti-Teleprompter wrote:
I was there, and here is what the man in the photo was saying:
"Hi, folks. Nice day out here. You know, I'm actually a Democrat, and I have to admit this is the first time I've ever attended a political demonstration that doesn't involve burning the American flag, setting fire to parked cars, or ending the day in a detention cell along with a bunch of drunk hippies. It feels good knowing I'm finally making a real difference, and I totally feel safe bringing my son along with me."
i gave you a nuts icon. not because i think you are crazy, its the other kind of nuts.

“Rumbly Tumbly”

Since: Jul 07

MMA-Ville

#32 Apr 15, 2009
Oh god, there's a tea bag party!? THERE'S ALSO A CHILD!?!? Boy, don't let Michael Jackson hear the news...
Dick P

Glen Cove, NY

#33 Apr 15, 2009
The clothes were a tough decision, "It was either this silly pirate costume or our Klan robes...
...Hey, anybody got some Oxy?"
Abolish The Fed

Clifton, NJ

#34 Apr 15, 2009
92% of the american people were against the "stimulation" package, yet they passed it anyway, I call that no representation.
Gassy

Johnstown, PA

#35 Apr 15, 2009
I went because I thought it was a teabagging party!

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#36 Apr 15, 2009
Take Your Son to Work Day. The man is sharing with his son his job as a professional paid protester.

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#37 Apr 16, 2009
They can protest until the cows come home. But when they make a DIRECT reference to historical event, they attempt to take on the relevancy of that event, and that's ridiculous.
Anon56 wrote:
Ok - it doesn't really matter what the first tea party was about and if you believe it does matter then you've completely missed the point. The first tea party was the one of the first times American people got together to stand up for what they believe in, just as these folks who are attending the protests today are doing. How hard is that to understand? This is what America is all about - say what you feel because you have a RIGHT to be heard!

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#38 Apr 16, 2009
That's because your comprehension skills are in the second percentile.
Abolish The Fed wrote:
92% of the american people were against the "stimulation" package, yet they passed it anyway, I call that no representation.

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#39 Apr 16, 2009
What son? I just assumed it was a NAMBLA meeting.
Marichu wrote:
Take Your Son to Work Day. The man is sharing with his son his job as a professional paid protester.

“YAR!!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#40 Apr 16, 2009
Cpetr13 wrote:
They can protest until the cows come home. But when they make a DIRECT reference to historical event, they attempt to take on the relevancy of that event, and that's ridiculous.
<quoted text>
This protest wasn't about taxation with representation. Didn't "tea" stand for "Taxed Enough Already"? It's relevant because it's about TAXES - not the same exact taxes, but it's the tie that binds, so to speak. You take it in a negative light and ridicule it because you disagree, and there's nothing wrong with that because you (just like the rest of us) have that RIGHT.
Jerry

Green Bay, WI

#41 Apr 16, 2009
oh, i get it.
FOIL

as in aluminum foil.
aluminum foil hats.

paying taxes wouldn't be so bad, if i knew they were going to help people.
instead HALF of the tax budget goes to current and past war.
social security is collected separate.

http://www.warresisters.org/federalpiechart...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drink Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio 40 mins ago 7:09 a.m.Ohio has a new brewer... Mon Drunk Cycle 2
News A Comforting Breakfast to Savor this Season Nov 15 GAG 1
News Canadians among researchers to find earliest ev... Nov 14 drink 1
News Beer vat move is on again (Jan '11) Nov 13 Molson Coors Quebec 9
News Coffee Industry Blasts Its Top Trade Group for ... Nov 12 youll shoot your ... 5
Looking for Wild Spirit Liquor (Apr '07) Nov 7 jonscandy 134
News Start your day off right at Stone Edge Estate (Apr '15) Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 2
More from around the web